Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
North Star Lodge, Clay Lake, Ontario - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 01-13-2000, 06:29 AM
Minnow

Default North Star Lodge, Clay Lake, Ontario

I'm considering this lodge for a trip in late June or early July. Does anyone have any comments/advice/fishing tips on this lodge and lake?
Old 01-13-2000, 08:55 AM
BigWall

Default RE: North Star Lodge, Clay Lake, Ontario

I stayed there about four years ago. We went up to duck hunt and fish. The duck hunting was alright. The walleye fishing was so so. We had to
to fish hard it was the last week in september.
The weather was upand down all week. Had good luck at the mouth of the river where it dumps into the lake. Also had good luck way up the end of lake by the outpost cabin, there is a big boulder on the point in front of the old cabin. big walleye and big smallmouth.We used green twisters and pink and had to reel them reel slow almost dragging them.One of the guys we were with and his family used to go there every year about the same time you are going. Spinner rigs
worked real good for them. the guys at the lodge were real good cabins were nice also.If you're taking your own boat be careful of the lake there are lots of under water rocks. Most were in the upper end of the lake towards the outpost cabin. There were two ranger boats that lost lower end units the fist day they were there. Just use common sense and you should be allright. Also ask them about there lodge on LacSuel.I was there two summers ago .It was great, Dean there manager was real great also.They havent owned it very long and are fixing it up. When there done it should be the best place on the lake.Well i hope this helps you, if you need more info. just ask for BigWall.
Old 01-14-2000, 10:15 PM
tedder

Default RE: North Star Lodge, Clay Lake, Ontario

I have stayed on Wab. River upstream from Clay L. A friend owns a private cabin on the river near Quibell. I have not fished the lake, but the river has been hard on me. I have swamped a boat and never caught any decent fish. My friend swears that the fishing is great, though. He is up there 20+ weeks of the year (he lives in N. MN) and has shown me video and photos. My impression is that the fishing is hot or cold nothing in between.
I go to Quibell (Clay L.) because it's free, for my annual fishing trip I stay outside Ear Falls, Ont. (1 1/2 hours north on Red Lake Road). If you are interested, I can provide more info on the outfitter in Ear F. He lives in Cedar Rapids, IA during winter, he may book you at a reduced rate if he still has open cabins.
Good luck where ever...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2009, 01:07 PM
barney@rdhonline.com

Default BarneyIncal

I was there the wk of June 6th - 13th 09 for the first time and it was fantastic fishing for walleye to 25 in
Pike to 35" and Bass to 19.5in and I have never been fresh water fishing before. It was Damp and a bit rainey but it was also a wk to remember. The people, ALL OF THEM, were great and helpful and they want you to have the time of your life. Don't go any place else this was great. Barney
Old 07-26-2010, 06:59 PM
matt2001

Default North star

Been there for 15 years. Unbelievable for fishing. It would be worth your time to get a guide one day, they'll show you all the spots, and make the trip that much more enjoyable.

Tight Lines