Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Hello........... - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Home Grown Tackle > HGT General Discussion

Notices

Old 04-04-2017, 01:02 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Krejca View Post
ttt OK, what did you end up making? Just to start it off, I "poured" some more of my jig heads made by inserting my hot glue gun nozzle into the cavity of the jig mold and injected the liquid plastic. This makes an extremely light head, which is surprisingly quite tough, and takes paint other than powder very well. The poured barb even came out well formed. Remember, you heard it here first! The rods turned out great, gave the butt wraps another final coat of finish today.

Bill
I burned through 550 lipless cranks this ice fishing season. Was a good year for the side business. I've moved into summer tackle, mainly flickershads/minnows and shad raps. I have now poured about 300 jigs and have slowly started painting them. I stopped production to build some fluid beds to help cut down on some paint build up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2017, 06:20 AM
Keeper

i have been pouring my own jigs for a couple years now, started with just the normal tapered barb 1/16 and 1/8 production molds.

last year i started using the Z-man TRD worm and tubes and the jigs they sell for it with the wire keeper,and really liked them, so over the winter i bought a couple of ball head wire keeper molds from do-it. bought the 1/16 and 3/32 mold to start and really like the jigs (modified the mold with a dremel to accept a #1 hook, works great!). i had also been looking for a 1/32 jig with a bigger hook in it, so i bought the 1/32 and 1/24 mold and found that a #2 hook fits great with no modification. just finished pouring those, they look awesome, cant wait to get out to my creek smallie spots with these new jigs!

poured about 1000 jigs this week split between 1/32, 1/24, 1/16, and 3/32 with a wire keeper and about 100 1/16 with the barb collar. i dont pain the jigs as i dont think it makes a difference with plastics, so they are ready to use!
Old 04-18-2017, 06:56 AM
Charter Member

Let us know how the "weedless" feature works for you. I have not had a high hooking success rate with wire, unless I bent the upper end parallel with the shank.

Bill