Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Rapala Tail Dancers - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 06-17-2004, 04:32 PM
just another guy

Default Rapala Tail Dancers

I haven't used Rapala Tail Dancers. I've already got a ton of cranks, so I'm reluctant to go out and buy a half dozen tail dancers when I have walleydivers, shadraps, yozuri, countdowns, thundersticks, wigglewarts, and then some. Think its worth it to add another crank that runs 10-12 feet deep? Or stick to what I know works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2004, 04:42 PM
Wallhanger

Default RE: Rapala Tail Dancers

I love Tail Dancers. I use #5 and #7 Shad Raps for shallow, but the #9 Shad Rap is bulkier than I like for my tackle, so I use I use the slimmer Tail Dancer when I want to go 10+. In addition to some of the best walleye I've ever taken on artificials, I've also caught mid to upper 30" pike and muskies on them. The emerald green has been a killer for me.
Old 06-17-2004, 05:29 PM
Charter Member

I too have way to many crankbait boxes, but don't leave Home without some TailDancers - the blue/silver and Perch are always good for Me . Bob WC#253.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2004, 08:37 AM
Charter Member

Default Mama said. . .

Mama always said, "If you can't say somethin' good, don't say nothin' at all. . ."x(
Old 06-18-2004, 10:08 AM
Eyehound

Great lure on the winnebago system! All sizes.
Old 06-18-2004, 01:17 PM
OOC

Eyehound,if they're so productive on the Winnebago Chain,why do all the local stores,large and small,have such an abundance of them and ,often at bargain bin prices?I was ready to take them out of my crank box to make room for something else.On your recommendation I'll put them out once more,with confidence,this weekend,on Winnebago.If I don't catch any fish,it's your fault!BTW, I'm eating Winnebago walleyes for lunch,right now.
Old 06-18-2004, 01:38 PM
Eyehound

Maybe it's just me! I've had some very productive days with them.
If you see em in a bargain bin let me know!

Old 06-18-2004, 02:10 PM
Keeper

OOC I've got a couple in my box too.But I really don't run them enough to give them a fair comparison.That is one of the problems with a new bait you have to give it some time in the water.For me its real easy to say get that thing off and put on a shad rap or some other already proven producer.I'll have to try them again eyehound maybe it will be my go to bait.
Old 06-18-2004, 05:28 PM
OOC

I admit,I probably haven't given them enough time on Winnebago.On my home and tournament waters,the Fox Chain in N/E Illinois,I have given them an opportunity to prove themselves.I've used them when my go to baits weren't producing and they didn't either.I've tried them when the bite was good and the go to baits were working and they would not.Thus,my lack of confidence.I'll try them,again,on'bago this weekend when I'm on fish and if I catch no fish,I'll just toss them in Eyehound's boat.
Old 06-18-2004, 05:30 PM
Charter Member

They run very well at higher speeds and I have found that the faster I troll the more I use them. Some cranks just can't go 3 mph+ but the Taildancer can. I have had good luck with the green ones.