Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Mercury 115 4 stroke EFI - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 06-29-2011, 09:14 AM
Slot Fish

Default Mercury 115 4 stroke EFI

Bought a 2005 Lund with the model year Merc 115 4 stroke. The boat did not come with any engine manual. Does anyone know if this model has any sort of sensors for over heating and low oil? Is there an alarm or does it shut down?

Also, does anyone have a manual that you could recommend as I would like to purchase one for future reference.

Thanks for the advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2011, 09:24 AM
Charter Member

I'd suggest you purchase the manuals from Mercury, rather than a "generic" version.

You can order them here: https://mercnet.mercurymarine.com/li...ah0Qch0ObN8Ne0

HRG
Old 06-29-2011, 10:29 AM
Slot Fish

Thanks for the link.

I'll assume the service manual is the way to go? Any experience with the others? Parts manual, etc.

I've read that this motor is part Yamaha, part Mercury. Any truth to this? My last Mercury 15HP was a Yamaha power head but I was not aware the joint venture was still happening.

Last edited by t-bone821; 06-29-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2011, 10:34 AM
Keeper

I have had both and IMO the mecury service manual is much more detailed and complete. This is not a place to try to save a buck IMO.

Chair
Old 06-29-2011, 10:39 AM
Charter Member

if you know where to look, you can download the owners manual from the web, and the Mercury Parts Express website has a pretty good parts breakdown if needed. So, I'd just order the service manual, and use the web for the rest.

for the owners manual: http://download.brunswick-marine.com...main?type=corp

for parts:http://www.mercurypartsexpress.com/us/parts-search.html

HRG
Old 06-29-2011, 01:09 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bone821 View Post
Bought a 2005 Lund with the model year Merc 115 4 stroke. The boat did not come with any engine manual. Does anyone know if this model has any sort of sensors for over heating and low oil? Is there an alarm or does it shut down?

Also, does anyone have a manual that you could recommend as I would like to purchase one for future reference.

Thanks for the advice.
I have a 2004 115 4strk EFI. Has both heat and low oil pressure sensors. In addition to a copy of he owners manual, you may want to get a copy of the the SELOC Marine Manual if you plan on doing any maitenance on your own( ie impeller changes ect)

Bought new and has been a great motor. Replaced the impeller last year for first time even though the original looked new after 7 seasons.

PS: don't know for sure if it remained the same in 2005 but at least through 04 Yamaha built the powerhead on that motor via a joint venture with Merc.

Last edited by Binks61; 06-29-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Slot Fish

Thanks for the info. I see the Seloc manuals do not have a listing for my model year 2005. I'll ck the Mercury offerings and ck the options there.