Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Electronics Rigging/Addition Questions - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 09-24-2010, 06:56 AM
Cedarsac

Default Electronics Rigging/Addition Questions

I currently own a 1890 Pro V tiller. With the rear electronics box. Currently I have a Lowrance 104 (which
I like) for my depth etc. I use the 104 full screen. Currently,for the the GPS/map only I am using a LCX 28 with external ant. The 28 is the unit I pulled from the bow location as I also have the bow rigged with GPS ant and a Terrova bow mount with transducer and power cable. Also I have a bracket mounted to the rear instrument storage area that at one time held a 350A which I sold. Here is what I am thinking, moving the Lowrance 28 back up to the bow for those times I fish from the bow pitching jigs or using bottom bouncers it would be fully GPS capable with maps and depth. Then purchasing a 520 with a external ant for GPS only and placing it next to the 104 like the 28 was. I realize a smaller screen, could be a draw back. then purchasing a HD5X with structure scan and use it only to scan structure not GPS capable. My reason for the 520 is it has a external ant, units with internal ant won't work in the electronics storage area. I find my 104 works best without the GPS split as I noticed prefered faster chart speeds. Do any of you have any better suggestions or ideas. I am thinking the HDS5 for structure scanning only the screen would be large enough to accomplsih this. Do you see any major obstacles with this set up. thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement