Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Alumacraft V Lund Pricing?? Any Lund dealers on here? - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 05-22-2017, 08:42 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowAce View Post
I would prefer the Lund and don't mind paying for it. What I have is a couple issues with the dealer both with pricing and knowledge of the boat itself and these issues are as follows:

1) I asked for an extension without jump seats to which I was told that Lund did not offer such a thing. Looking at the brochure there is an aft storage option that fits the bill perfectly.

2) I was asked if I wanted the premium stereo to which I said no as long as there was a stereo. Dealers answer was no the Pro-V did not come with a standard stereo. Looking at the brochure it does.

3) He wants to charge me $2,750 for a MinnKota Terova 80 I Link. Lund will put it on at the factory for $2,400 but he recommends not doing that?

4) He wants to charge a premium on all electronics, example Humminbird Helix 9 SI GPS for $1,900 when everyone else including Lund Charges about $1,300 for the same unit. Then he wants to charge an additional $1,300 to install and link the 2 graphs and trolling motor.

With-that-said, what I really would like is a couple of recommendations for Lund dealers that people have used and would recommend so I could get another quote before deciding to go another direction.
Lund dealer is charging a serious premium for everything...example: Cabela's will sell you the Terrova 80 for arounf $2100: http://www.cabelas.com/product/MINN-...arch%3Dterrova

No way I'd pay $2750. Same with the Humminbird units. As someone already mentioned, there's some hidden costs (Cables, network hub, dongles, etc., but nowhere near the absurd (to me) mark-up they've got built in.

If it were me, I'd find another dealer, one that doesn't want to pay for their kid's college education all at once...

(EDIT: I see you already did that.)

Last edited by Further North; 05-22-2017 at 08:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2017, 08:44 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Another question I have is if I order all electronics installed by Lund at the factory would they come networked or would I have to add the ethernet port and link them myself, which isn't all that hard of a job.
You can do the whole install in one Saturday if you have a capable friend or two. We'll typically get 4 or 5 guys who know what they are doing and knock it all off after work one night.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:36 AM
Hat Trick

Quote:
Here is my question for anyone who is a Lund dealer or has dealt with a good one; the price of the boat, motor, trailer and factory options is $49,600, which I think is about where anyone will be. Now to add the Terova 80 link, Helix 9, Helix 7 and link them the dealer wants to charge $7k which I think is ridiculous. Has anyone had similar installed and how much was the charge? Or for dealers what would be an approximate price for the Pro-V out the door?
M&J Marine?

Sounds like it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2017, 10:17 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hat Trick View Post
M&J Marine?

Sounds like it.
Good guess, but no. This dealer is further north.

Sad thing is that I am a business owner here and will, and often do, go to great lengths to keep my money local and this makes it very hard. If the dealer was anywhere in the ball park as far as pricing it would have been a done deal.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:33 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
I would prefer the Lund and don't mind paying for it. What I have is a couple issues with the dealer both with pricing and knowledge of the boat itself and these issues are as follows:

1) I asked for an extension without jump seats to which I was told that Lund did not offer such a thing. Looking at the brochure there is an aft storage option that fits the bill perfectly.

2) I was asked if I wanted the premium stereo to which I said no as long as there was a stereo. Dealers answer was no the Pro-V did not come with a standard stereo. Looking at the brochure it does.

3) He wants to charge me $2,750 for a MinnKota Terova 80 I Link. Lund will put it on at the factory for $2,400 but he recommends not doing that?

4) He wants to charge a premium on all electronics, example Humminbird Helix 9 SI GPS for $1,900 when everyone else including Lund Charges about $1,300 for the same unit. Then he wants to charge an additional $1,300 to install and link the 2 graphs and trolling motor.

With-that-said, what I really would like is a couple of recommendations for Lund dealers that people have used and would recommend so I could get another quote before deciding to go another direction.
WOW!

#1 Flip seats are an option...
#2 Stereo is standard "Kicker stereo w 2 Jensen speakers"
#3 Have Lund do it. They warranty it and do it every day. Most of the big dealers do it that way. it saves time.
#4 Have Lund do it... again, same reason. Then it is included in the 3 year stem to stern warranty
Old 05-25-2017, 01:40 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Mac View Post
Quote:

WOW!

#1 Flip seats are an option...
#2 Stereo is standard "Kicker stereo w 2 Jensen speakers"
#3 Have Lund do it. They warranty it and do it every day. Most of the big dealers do it that way. it saves time.
#4 Have Lund do it... again, same reason. Then it is included in the 3 year stem to stern warranty
Wow. Now I see where Lund makes their money. You can easy save thousands by taking one afternoon to buy and install electronics. So **** easy to find these a great price and even easier to install even with a network. It money is no option I think I would still do it so I know where everything runs. Just me I guess.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:13 AM
Hat Trick

Quote:
Good guess, but no. This dealer is further north.

Sad thing is that I am a business owner here and will, and often do, go to great lengths to keep my money local and this makes it very hard. If the dealer was anywhere in the ball park as far as pricing it would have been a done deal.
That was the issue I had with M&J. I lived just a few miles from them. I ended up going to Minocqua to get the Lund we were looking for and he was cheaper than M&J by thousands for exactly the same thing. I've tried several times for M&J to get my business and they just didn't want it.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:59 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hat Trick View Post
That was the issue I had with M&J. I lived just a few miles from them. I ended up going to Minocqua to get the Lund we were looking for and he was cheaper than M&J by thousands for exactly the same thing. I've tried several times for M&J to get my business and they just didn't want it.
Did you give them the opportunity to match the lower price?
Old 05-29-2017, 03:44 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott C View Post
I guess I'd have to ask "Why would he do that?" If a dealer didn't put his best price out there right way, I'd always have the nagging doubt that they were trying to hose me on every other transaction...
Old 05-30-2017, 07:20 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott C View Post
Further North thinks like I do. I would equate going back to anyone that tried to hose you and get a price match is just not the right thing to do. That is a nasty way to treat the dealer with the lower price.