Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
North Branch Susquehanna River - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 02-16-2010, 04:15 PM
Slot Fish

Default 2/15/2010 Report

Got out yesterday...

Tried classic spots and got skunked. Finally went to the deepest open water on a current seam, slightly slack, but wind did move the boat around a bit. Fish were in 34-38 feet!! Hit like trains. Had double hookups on the drop, no sluggish bites whatsoever. 3/4 oz jigs tipped with a 4" curlytail and med shiner. Great day. Once again, only people on the water. I love early season

EA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Slot Fish

Default 2/21/2010 Report

Saturday - mostly smaller eyes in 24' and deeper on current seams. 1 Muskie 27# in 17' on a large shiner lindy rigged. No pic as I was alone and focused on a safe release than a ****ty cell phone pic.

Sunday - Eyes and Cats in 24-36'. Jig n twister with live trailers. Bright sunshine, moderate winds made for outstanding bite alll day. A few decent fish up to 4#, but again mostly smaller fish.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:22 AM
Slot Fish

Default 2/23/2010 access points

Talked to PFBC today regarding boat launches. Allow me to paraphrase; PFBC launches are not being cleared yet becuse of potentially hazardous conditions on the river. Possible icebergs and debris washing downstream may make boating hazardous. After a thaw, the launches MAY be cleared. The staffing is low and with 17 counties to cover, they are stretched thin staffing-wise.

Tunkhannock (Airport) - Mud and Ice
White's Ferry (Keelersburg) - Mud and Ice
Appletree (Harding) - mud and Ice, caution tape
Nesbitt (WB/Kingston) - MUD MUD MUD
West Nanticoke (Garden Drive-In) - Mud and Ice
Union (Hunlock Creek) - Gate Locked until further notice, ice and mud
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2010, 11:14 AM
Charter Member

Esox, We appreciate you keeping us up to date on the fishing and river conditions.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:07 AM
Keeper

My ice season on the river is over as of last week on the NB.I ended up with a fat 29" walleye this year for the biggest,that I am going to put on the wall.Do you guys ice-fish down there or just boat?

Thinking about getting my boat out and trying it 1 of these days soon.Not really a cold water boater,I like my heated shanty on the ice!!!
Old 02-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Charter Member

Very limited ice fishing down this way, mostly smaller lakes and ponds. The Susky doesn't freeze completely over often.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:36 PM
buckles

Default white's ferry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esox Angler View Post
Talked to PFBC today regarding boat launches. Allow me to paraphrase; PFBC launches are not being cleared yet becuse of potentially hazardous conditions on the river. Possible icebergs and debris washing downstream may make boating hazardous. After a thaw, the launches MAY be cleared. The staffing is low and with 17 counties to cover, they are stretched thin staffing-wise.

Tunkhannock (Airport) - Mud and Ice
White's Ferry (Keelersburg) - Mud and Ice
Appletree (Harding) - mud and Ice, caution tape
Nesbitt (WB/Kingston) - MUD MUD MUD
West Nanticoke (Garden Drive-In) - Mud and Ice
Union (Hunlock Creek) - Gate Locked until further notice, ice and mud
I was there on sunday the 21st.the launch was snow covered and the eddie was frozen.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:26 AM
Minnow

with the snow we are getting today it looks like we won't be on the river any time soon.there is ice build up on the launch in falls and white ferry.might have to wait till walleyes come back in.i caught nice eyes in october and november in falls.big smallies also.jigs and gulp minows.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:05 AM
Keeper

Yea were getting dumped on with up to a foot of snow today.This is the biggest storm we had this year,actually this winter has been pretty easy on us.

So how are ya getting those cold water walleyes?Are you drifting and dragging your jigs behind the boat,or casting them/anchoring?

I use a plain 3" white jig up here (casting) in the spring summer and get lotsa numbers on it,I go bigger/darker colors when the water is colored though.

When jigging through the ice I tip the jig with a minnow head,never thought of doing that in summer,have to try that this year.I cant believe the depths you guys are fishing,usual fishing depth here is less than 6 foot!!!
Old 02-25-2010, 02:36 PM
Minnow

hey jetster,I was catching them drifting while casting to the shore,jigs that is.they would hit in about 6ft of water.green jig tipped with 3in gulp alive.what part of the suski are you fishing and where do you live,i am from scranton.buckles.