Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
OK...going Lund, 1875 Crossover or Impact? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 04-23-2014, 07:01 PM
Wallhanger

As the previous poster said, the biggest difference is the gunnels. Either you want the open floor to stand against the gunnels in the Crossover or you like the half-height storage of the Impact. It just depends on how you fish. I'd sit in both boats and think about just that fact alone. The rest of the boats is pretty similar. Both are great boats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2014, 07:07 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenswake View Post
As the previous poster said, the biggest difference is the gunnels. Either you want the open floor to stand against the gunnels in the Crossover or you like the half-height storage of the Impact. It just depends on how you fish. I'd sit in both boats and think about just that fact alone. The rest of the boats is pretty similar. Both are great boats.
That is a great point. I was sitting in the crossover thinking, "where is all the storage back here".

I always tell people in my shoes, its always a harder decision when there is no wrong choice.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:07 AM
Wallhanger

I went with the crossover. I troll allot and find that it is easier to grab rods and lean on the sides with the crossover type gunnels. The impact type storage always seemed to be in the way for trolling. Smaller lakes and doing allot of casting the impact would be better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2014, 08:24 AM
Wallhanger

I don't totally agree with the side storage being "in the way". I've fished in both types wide and narrow. With the narrow gunnel on Lunds the rod holder is MUCH closer to the rub rail than, say a ProV. This gives you actually more room in the cockpit because the handles aren't sticking way in. (depending on rod holder type of course).
You can easily kneel or sit on the lids which is actually pretty handy sometimes. I find the back end of my Impact VERY trolling friendly. Tons of room plus all my tackle is back there and handy.
Mega 360, Mega Live
Ezee Steps
Cannon Rod Tubes, Traxstech tracks
TKI CNC angle track mounts
Lithium TM Bats w/shunt gauge
Old 04-24-2014, 08:44 AM
Wallhanger

I did not consider if you are using the sporttrack rod holders the rods would stick into the boat anyways. I use vertical rod trees and a track system so the rod butts would not stick into the boat. I also salmon fish so leaning on the gunnels is nice in bigger waves. My balance is not the best so I need something to lean on. I would have to check but I think the gunnels are lower on the impact then the crossover. The lower the gunnels the boat does not blow around quite as much. I did put cargo nets on the side storage of my crossover. You can then store stuff their without it blowing out.

Last edited by Snowking; 04-24-2014 at 08:46 AM.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:36 PM
Keeper

I bought the Impact 1875/150 Merc FS last fall and LOVE it. I have owned a Cresty, a G3, and now this beauty. The only thing I would ever trade my Impact for would be a glass Tyee with a 200 hp naturally aspirated 4 stroke. (Speaking of a 200 horser that is naturally aspirated, wasn't an announcement supposed to be made?).
I troll and bottom bounce out of the back most of the time and I love the shelves and bench seats (storage locker lids) of the Impact.
Good luck in your decision, they are both fine boats!
Old 04-24-2014, 09:09 PM
Minnow

Just an update.

Bought a 2013 Impact 1875, 150-4stk merc, custom Phoenix trailer.

Hope to pick it up next week.

Thanks guys.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:18 PM
Keeper

Congratulations!!!
What prop did you get?
A Michigan Wheel 17p stainless came on mine but from what I have heard the Tempest is the prop to have on this combo.
I would love to hear others opinions of the best prop?
Old 04-24-2014, 09:52 PM
Minnow

The prop has YTBD.

It is stainless, but am open to ideas.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:06 PM
Wallhanger

Congrats!!