Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
I need help here - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 02-19-2017, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=Gill nets;5343505]Because with a little chop on the the water the angle of the sun causes water refraction that turns the gill net a reddish color and walleyes can't resist RED.[/QUOTE]

Ah, yes, I've seen it myself going back to the beginning of gill netting when my tribal ancestors were doing it. I was there for the first native American gill netting championship on the Delaware River when Chief My Ego is Way too Big out-netted Chief I'm Blowing Smoke Out my Butt by 10-1 fish and set the standard. The key difference though was not just the reddish refracted color of the net, it was dipping your marker buoys in Dyekem first! Chief I'm Blowing Smoke Out my Butt also made one crucial mistake! He used swivels to attach his marker buoys. What an idiot!!! Who attaches a swivel to a marker buoy that just sits there and bobs in the water??? Will someone PLEASE explain to me WHY you would do this and completely kill the action of the buoy?? We ALL know 99% of netters DO NOT use swivels on their nets. Any questions? :peepwall:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2017, 07:39 PM
Keeper

[QUOTE=pjshorthorn;5342481]I would have thought that you would have asked all of your high level touring pros friends to answer these types of questions for you instead of us lowly recreational fishermen that don't know much about tackle and techniques. :huh:

At the end of the day, does it really matter who's opinion is correct ? If a person has confidence in using fluorocarbon line vs. mono. and it works for them in catching "stupid" walleye consistently enough to be satisfied, are they really off base for using it? If they want to spend a little extra money on fluorocarbon are they really ill informed and having the wool pulled over their eyes by some hotshot marketing kid? Who knows and does it really matter in the big scheme of fishing ?

I use tackle, line and techniques in Canada that I did while fishing for flounder in saltwater bays off the Gulf of Mexico. I have out fished group members sitting next to me in the boat many times using unconventional methods , in their opinion. Does it mean I'm crazy, stupid or ignorant for not following the opinions of the so called walleye fishing "experts" on how to catch walleye ? Maybe....maybe not.

PjShorthorn :rock-on:[/QUOTE]

Good post..nope...nope and another Nope to your questions....But I'm close to ordering a "Mighty Bite" lure by one of those hotshot marketing kids....you want to go in with me if I buy 2? Those salt water guys are nailing the heck out of big wahoo and cobia with a Mighty Bite Bait....would you like to get on on all the fishing fun?

Hey, you could pay a $1500 entry fee and see if you can whip the best walleye guys in the world.....but I'm putting my money on the "Mighty Bite!" LMAO.....but make sure you don't use a ball bearing snap and swivel when you use this bait! So says the directions. Besides, Doug Stange of the In-Fisherman says Mighty Bite is a great bait you shouldn't BE WITHOUT!
Old 02-19-2017, 07:45 PM
Wallhanger

Although the OP is obviously an idiot I'll say this about flouro, I have a boat I payed 40k for a truck I payed 30k to pull it with I probably have 10k between rods reels and tackle another 5k in electronics. If a 25$ spool of flouro puts 1 extra fish in the boat over the next 10 years I'll consider it a good investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-19-2017, 08:11 PM
Charter Member

This is a very strange thread...... Kind of like a Cheech and Chong conversation. Couldn't figure them out either..................

Pooch, [SIZE=1]I think..[/SIZE].

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."
Old 02-19-2017, 11:34 PM
Keeper

[QUOTE=buckmaster7600;5343625]Although the OP is obviously an idiot I'll say this about flouro, I have a boat I payed 40k for a truck I payed 30k to pull it with I probably have 10k between rods reels and tackle another 5k in electronics. If a 25$ spool of flouro puts 1 extra fish in the boat over the next 10 years I'll consider it a good investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Great...from one idiot to another .....I got 60K in my truck and another 20K in my used boat and both are paid for. Those hot shot marketing whiz kids love you and I Buddy. I have a 4000 walleye and bass crank bait collection alone insured for 50K. 25 line counter reels and 16 spinning reels. 116 rods. 6 high end Shimano Musky casting reels. 165 Musky crankbaits going for an average of 20 bucks per with another 46 Musky buck-tails at an average of 15 with 10 double Cowgirls going for 30 apiece. Oh I forgot, I got a 15K Class C motor home too.

Oh....add in another 49.97 7 bearing Bass casting reel I bought this weekend at Bass Pro because it was marked down 50% from 99! Reel Nice...but no flippin feature.

Only 5K in electronics? I got $2500 in one 10" unit alone running 2 SI transducers and another for 2D. I use another 8" unit as stand alone plotter that cost 1000 bucks not including the Navionics card. Another 1100 in a remote controlled front electric motor and 2K for a 4 stroke Merc kicker.

BUT......If I buy one Mighty Bite Bait for 32 bucks over the next 10 years, I will consider it a good investment too. If I'm an idiot, you are right behind me pal!
Old 02-20-2017, 12:20 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Crackback;5343601]Good post..nope...nope and another Nope to your questions....But I'm close to ordering a "Mighty Bite" lure by one of those hotshot marketing kids....you want to go in with me if I buy 2? Those salt water guys are nailing the heck out of big wahoo and cobia with a Mighty Bite Bait....would you like to get on on all the fishing fun?

Hey, you could pay a $1500 entry fee and see if you can whip the best walleye guys in the world.....but I'm putting my money on the "Mighty Bite!" LMAO.....but make sure you don't use a ball bearing snap and swivel when you use this bait! So says the directions. Besides, Doug Stange of the In-Fisherman says Mighty Bite is a great bait you shouldn't BE WITHOUT![/QUOTE]

How about you pay the entry fee, get your Mighty Bite lure in hand , get two of your best walleye pro friends lined up for one boat and have your boat tied up to the dock tomorrow. I'll be right up to fish with you in your Loonie Tunes Invitational. What could be more fun then spending a day in the boat with you listening to babble about snap swivels and fluorocarbon line. Oh snap, I just realized there wouldn't be enough room in your boat for myself, your thousands of crankbaits and your ego. Oh well, back to counting my snap swivels......

PjShorthorn :rock-on:
Old 02-20-2017, 12:20 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Pooch;5343657]This is a very strange thread...... Kind of like a Cheech and Chong conversation. Couldn't figure them out either..................

Pooch, [SIZE=1]I think..[/SIZE].[/QUOTE]

I think maybe he needs a little to calm himself down. He's been on a tear lately. In fact, I watched a few of the post he's been on intently throughout the day, just waiting to see his replies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk