Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2017 Canadian ice out thread - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old Yesterday, 08:44 AM
v-bay gord's Avatar
v-bay gord v-bay gord is offline
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Eagle Lake Ontario
Posts: 2,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Lobstar1 View Post
I dunno about that. Vbay Gord declared vermillion bay ice free this morning.
I get the same reaction from some of my guests who figure I rigged the ice out contest...but photos don't lie. The ice was gone the morning of the 21st..........it was ice covered though on the 20th.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #22  
Old Yesterday, 08:45 AM
pjshorthorn pjshorthorn is offline
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Cumming,Ga
Posts: 2,197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinbns View Post

I also went up to Red Lake, Eagle Lake was visibly frozen from the highway in Vermillion Bay, Gullrock was open, Red was still frozen but very black.
Many guests of V-Bay Lodge have contended for many years that the ice out contest held by V-Bay Gord has been rigged every year. Now we have proof...... Fake news now rings true !!!!

PjShorthorn
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Yesterday, 09:06 AM
Skywagon's Avatar
Skywagon Skywagon is online now
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NW Ontario
Posts: 621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmattbruin View Post
Always good to get the ice out post going imo.....there is alot of info in knowing when the ice has left a lake....but once gone the temps tht follow to activate the spawn. Another important part of the ice out is knowing the water levels. If any of you guys tht are living north and providing the ice out info....how abt water levels? S Ont has been hammered with ALOT of rain since winter let go, but doesnt mean you guys are get tht up there. Unless im wrong i dont believe you guys north had tons of snow, so how are the lakes this spring? Thanks for all your insitu info you guys provide.
Here in N/W Ontario we have not had a lot of rain since last year and after the first of the year there seemed to be less than the usual amount of snow. From what I saw just before ice out (after a lot of the snow was already gone), the water levels on the remote lakes did seem somewhat low for this time of year and we have not had that much snow melt since to make a huge difference. All of that can change in a heartbeat when a significant weather system passes through.
Reply With Quote
 
  #24  
Old Yesterday, 09:31 AM
pjshorthorn pjshorthorn is offline
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Cumming,Ga
Posts: 2,197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-bay gord View Post
I get the same reaction from some of my guests who figure I rigged the ice out contest...but photos don't lie. The ice was gone the morning of the 21st..........it was ice covered though on the 20th.
Photos posted from prior years are a clear attempt of deception. I have been in contact with many of your guests and they agree that you have been posting the same ice out picture every year and then declaring ice out at different times to benefit guests who have offered you the best meal during their stays.

We have decided that rigging the ice out contest, in order for you to benefit from a five course meal, is both shameless and blasphemous. To that extenet, we are putting together a petition to boycott many things during our visits this summer that have yet to be figured out. I for one will be boycotting buying any of those V-Bay Lodge luxurious specialty gift items that are for sale.

See you in June.

BTW, does a Mac and Cheese casserole with hotdogs and brats sprinkled in work or would you prefer the ribeye steak dinner again ? I've worn out my mink lined thong too. Do you have any left in an XL ?

PjShorthorn
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Yesterday, 11:31 AM
v-bay gord's Avatar
v-bay gord v-bay gord is offline
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Eagle Lake Ontario
Posts: 2,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjshorthorn View Post
Photos posted from prior years are a clear attempt of deception. I have been in contact with many of your guests and they agree that you have been posting the same ice out picture every year and then declaring ice out at different times to benefit guests who have offered you the best meal during their stays.

We have decided that rigging the ice out contest, in order for you to benefit from a five course meal, is both shameless and blasphemous. To that extenet, we are putting together a petition to boycott many things during our visits this summer that have yet to be figured out. I for one will be boycotting buying any of those V-Bay Lodge luxurious specialty gift items that are for sale.

See you in June.

BTW, does a Mac and Cheese casserole with hotdogs and brats sprinkled in work or would you prefer the ribeye steak dinner again ? I've worn out my mink lined thong too. Do you have any left in an XL ?

PjShorthorn
Sorry I'm all out of the mink lined thongs, but I do have a new model that has a self lubricating strap that you might like......
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old Yesterday, 12:20 PM
Lake Of The Woods's Avatar
Lake Of The Woods Lake Of The Woods is offline
Minnow
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinbns View Post
Those pics aren't current. The 2nd or 3rd shows Tallpine Marina where I keep my boat being frozen over and yesterday there was no sign of ice. Clearwater was open, but Sugarbay was still frozen.

I also went up to Red Lake, Eagle Lake was visibly frozen from the highway in Vermillion Bay, Gullrock was open, Red was still frozen but very black.
You are correct, but at the time of posting they were the most recent.What I forgot to do is add the date of when they were taken.Shortly after that post I uploaded photos that were taken on April 20th which show an updated look at what the ice situation is.I will post more aerial photos when they become available.Apologies for any confusion.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old Yesterday, 12:57 PM
pjshorthorn pjshorthorn is offline
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Cumming,Ga
Posts: 2,197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-bay gord View Post
Sorry I'm all out of the mink lined thongs, but I do have a new model that has a self lubricating strap that you might like......
Canola oil or peanut oil? I have to be careful as I have a peanut allergy .

PjShorthorn
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.