Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lac seul lake map chip - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 04-08-2013, 06:16 AM
jjwwalleye

Default Lac seul lake map chip

Is there a chip for nw lac seul?
thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2013, 08:00 AM
Charter Member

I believe the Navionics Canada chip is your only choice. I use it on the SE part of Lac Seul. It's not 1' contours, but it better than nothing.

Scott Lee

Since there is six times as much water as dry land on earth, any fool can plainly see the good Lord meant for man to fish six times as much as he works.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:20 AM
Wallhanger

I am assuming you want a map on an SD card for your FF right? If so Navionics is the only one I know of for Lac Seul and unfortunately I dont think its even surveyed in high detail. If you are just looking for a map of Lac Seul for a hand held GPS there are a couple options like Trakmaps. I have the trakmaps version of lac seul as a back up on my garmin colorado 300 if my FF were to stop working. I also have the navionics canada for Ipad. I think it was 15 bucks a year ago. Its not a bad option for when you are back at camp going over where you fished that day etc etc. I can send you some screen shots if you are interested of what the different map detail looks like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2013, 08:23 AM
jjwwalleye

yes I want it for a lake map on fish finder
Old 04-08-2013, 09:17 AM
Keeper

The Navionics North Edition (N) which covers the Upper Midwest also covers a few lakes in Canada including Lac Seul. I've used the HotMaps Premium Edition for several years but just noticed that Lac Seul is also listed under the Platinum Edition. Check it out on the Navionics web site.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:13 AM
Keeper

I have the Navionics Canadian and the North chip. Both have Lac Seul on them.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Wallhanger

My Navionics North or Midwest includes Lac Seul and all hte midwest states. I think MorganMan may have tried to look at the newer version last year and it wasn't included so went ahead and got the Canada chip? I can't remember. But, it is definitely on the Canada chip. Not HD, like others have said but it does have many of the hidden rocks you need to stay away from marked.

Gives a lot of peace of mind after you navigate through an area to be able to just buzz right through there on the return as long as you stay on your line. I periodically mark way points as I'm going so I know the same route the next year.

I'd send you the fishing spots I have marked but they suck. LOL
Old 04-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Keeper

If you can find an old Navionics LOTW 2k chip, it has Lac Seul on it as well.

All of these maps share one problem: They suck. They are similar to the MN DNR maps that are based on aerial imagery. They give you a rough idea of the 'lay of the land' but many times I have been screaming across "80 feet deep" water - according to the map - only to see my depth finder scream up to 3' and then back down again... High pucker factor.

Having said all that, the maps do locate many of the hazards and show the recommended main travel routes, so they do serve some purpose. And to be honest, I like the adventure of finding those nice pieces of structure that are not on the map and making those my 'secret' spots. Nice reward for putting time in on the water.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:52 AM
jjwwalleye

Smile

I know a few of those spots that you will be flying by in 40 ft of water and the next thing you know its at two feet. must agree high pucker factor. I want to try fishing down around the narrows and and make my way to mckenzie bay . we stay around ear falls area and have fished the lake for 13 yrs now, Im like you I love to find those spots to call your own. and we putt around looking for new spots all the time. would like it for some of the marked danger spots I dont know about
thank you
Old 04-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Keeper

Two other topics on here, on the same subject:

https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=208465

https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=220473

See my comments on those threads.