Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Hi, ( Deadrise Hull Boat) - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 01-02-2012, 02:40 PM
Minnow

Cool Hi, ( Deadrise Hull Boat)

Hello, I have tried several brands of boats of aluminum and I have noticed that the boats with 19 and 20 degree angle and take the best wave in Example fiberglass Ranger, Boston Whaler, in the aluminum Tracker, Starcraft, Fisher and Smokercraft.

http://www.tropicalboating.com/power...ull-angle.html

Your feeling of it?

Last edited by OPTIMAX150; 01-02-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Lerxst

Kind of a blanket statement. Different models by the same manufacturer can have different deadrises. Starcraft has models with 19 degree deadrise, and some with 17 degrees. Not sure about Trackers. The only Tracker I ever rode in jarred my teeth loose, and just about broke my back. Maybe that's why the transom welds cracked within the first month the guy owned it.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Wallhanger

If I read correctly, Optimax seems to say that the only aluminim boat that can ride conmfortably when there is waves are the boats that he mention or at least the models in the brand that he mention that are running with a 19-20deg, deadrise.
So accordingly on his post the Lund, Crestliner,Alumacraft and all the others that are 16-17deg. deadrise are boats that are not suitable in a rough condition.
Tracker, Starcraft, Fisher and Smokercraft are the only one that can be run in the rough like the glass boats: Ranger and Boston Whaler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Wallhanger

I can tell you my Crestliner had a 19* dead rise and that hull stunk. The Fishhawks have a 17* deadrise and I've heard good things from those owners.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Minnow

Andre

Not that is really not what I have wanted to say I have noticed that the cons by 18.6 and Starcraft Fisherman Smoker craft as an example the wave taking more than Crealiner and Lund Tyee, I prefer the Lund Pro V which for me is the best of Lund in Lund for the wave

Excuse my English I am French guys

Last edited by OPTIMAX150; 01-02-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Minnow

But in general no matter compagny boat over the angle of the hull appears to be high is the best behavior in the wave!

Last edited by OPTIMAX150; 01-02-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Wallhanger

Generally speaking, I would say that yes, the higher the degree of deadrise the more effective the hull will be in cutting through waves and giving a smoother ride. This is only one consideration of hull design though and boats are usually designed with a specific purpose in mind. The type and shape of hull that is employed is reflective of that design.

If I'm spending time cruising on the ocean or in really big water all the time, I probably want a hull that will cut waves effectively. If I'm running in a 6 inch deep river, I really don't want any deadrise as it will bounce off rocks and boulders and not allow me to get to my hunting spot. If I'm spending allot of time at rest while casting, a boat with a steep deadrise is likely to pitch more than a flatter hull, thus making it more uncomfortable and/or less "stable" in those conditions.

It really depends on what you want. A boat is a tool and there are varied ones for various applications.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPTIMAX150 View Post
Andre

Not that is really not what I have wanted to say I have noticed that the cons by 18.6 and Starcraft Fisherman Smoker craft as an example the wave taking more than Crealiner and Lund Tyee, I prefer the Lund Pro V which for me is the best of Lund in Lund for the wave

Excuse my English I am French guys

You are right. Lund is the best.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
If I read correctly, Optimax seems to say that the only aluminim boat that can ride conmfortably when there is waves are the boats that he mention or at least the models in the brand that he mention that are running with a 19-20deg, deadrise.
So accordingly on his post the Lund, Crestliner,Alumacraft and all the others that are 16-17deg. deadrise are boats that are not suitable in a rough condition.
Tracker, Starcraft, Fisher and Smokercraft are the only one that can be run in the rough like the glass boats: Ranger and Boston Whaler.
Hi André the same story from Serge again again and again
Old 01-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Wallhanger

As long as we are talking about this.. ...
Generally, the best and driest riders have a variable degree dead rise depending on where you take the reading.

For a good multi-species fishing platform...if you have a whole lot of deadrise and it goes all the way back...you had also better have good reverse chines to keep the boat from being a real roller and leaner once you slow down and start fishing.