Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Barney spoon??? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Muskie Central > General Discussion

Notices

Old 07-19-2008, 01:15 PM
Minnow

Cool Barney spoon???

I have never heard of this lure prior to today. It was mentioned in another site as being particularly effective on northern pike. I believe that it originated somewhere in the Ohio area although I am not able to find any of the web. Does anyone have a photo or a link of this lure? Anyone know who sells it? Thanks TROOPER
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2008, 12:50 PM
Minnow

Wink

Anyone?............. Bueller? Bueller?
Old 07-23-2008, 02:01 PM
Wallhanger

R&R Tackle makes a Barney Spoon. mytacklebox.com he has some killer spinner blades as well.

It's Black/Green/Grape

Last edited by K Gonefishin; 07-23-2008 at 02:05 PM.

Old 07-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Capt Obvious

Not to be Capt Obvious, but if it was mentioned on another site, why not ask about it there? They seem to know about it......

The Good Capt.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:31 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Obvious View Post
Not to be Capt Obvious, but if it was mentioned on another site, why not ask about it there? They seem to know about it......

The Good Capt.
The other site was one filled with "articles" and not "forums" therefore I was unable to inquire.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

Try the bushland adventures site: Bushlandadventures.com/forum. I have only used these lures for northerns in northern canada with spectacular success. They are hand made by an older gentleman in kent, ohio. There is more info at the site!
Old 08-01-2008, 04:40 PM
William G

Default Barney Spoons

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUDE TROOPER View Post
The other site was one filled with "articles" and not "forums" therefore I was unable to inquire.
On the Bushland Adventures Website you click on forum at the top of the page. there you will find discussions about lures etc etc.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Keeper

my group uses the barney spoon exclusively when we do our annual fly-in at lake evans, quebec. we make a trip to the guy in kent, ohio that makes them and ALWAYS have spectacular results with them. they really produce year in and year out. i highly recommend them for northerns but after seeing the action and the fact that they are weedless, wouldn't be surprised if you could catch many other species on them! got to give them a try
Old 09-05-2008, 07:57 PM
BarneysRgreat

Call Bob Phillips and hope he is in a good mood. He must be a little wacko. Sometimes he's really happy and some times he's a jerk. Ph 330-673-5252
Old 09-08-2008, 08:33 AM
Keeper

Default Google search

Casting toward the weeds in the Spring can be productive. Spinner baits and spoons work well here. Try using a weedless spoon like the Johnson Silver Minnow or our favorite, the Barney Spoon, made here in Ohio. Cast well into the weeds holding the pole tip high and reeling fast. This keeps the lure skittering across the top of the water making lots of noise. Barney Spoons may be ordered from The Barney Fish Lure Co., 1064 Ravena Road, Kent, OH, Phone 330 673-5202 Tell them that Stan sent you.