Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
minnkota extended warranties - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 08-19-2008, 07:03 AM
Wallhanger

Default minnkota extended warranties

i just had my autopilot/copilot worked on while it was still on factory warranty and the marina told me the extended 2 yr warranty i purchased i believe from a form that came with my new motor was basically worthless...that most marine service depts will not accept the low payments these extended warranty companies are willing to pay for warranty work....and that such warranty companies stipulate that extended warranty work can only be done at specific marine service stores and many are located far from my home...anyone have any input on if this is so and these extended warranties are basically a scam...thanks i thought they were legitimate since the offer came in the same box as my motor came in...steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2008, 05:24 PM
footdoc53

Common you cheapy! You almost stole the thing with the Gander discount and now you are belly aching regarding repairing the unit you have probably abused for the past few YEARS! You vets are all the same. Charge outlandish fees for advice and supplies, suck up to the walleye central gang with free advice and then you want to pick on a little company like minnkota. Common Stevie, live a little and either repair the thing or pop for a new one. After all, you should not be spending much money on bait these days.