Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Xp3 vs Seafoam - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 03-19-2015, 06:46 AM
Charter Member

Default Xp3 vs Seafoam

I have been a user of Seafoam for a number of years but came across a product called Xp3 the other day. As far as water dispersion in fuel the Xp3 looks far superior than Seafoam. Am I missing something that could harm a 2 stroke outboard?
HB Helix 12 SI
112Terrova I-pilot
101 Vantage
Noco Genius Battery Chargers
w5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2015, 11:30 AM
Minnow

Pretty much everyone who uses Sea Foam reports positive results. Sea Foam does disperse water among the other things it does so well. Unless XP3 does everything Sea Foam does and then some, why change?
Old 03-19-2015, 02:43 PM
Charter Member

Seafoam was invented I believe in WWII. XP3, from what I can find has been invented since the '90's. Newer technology like a lot of things in this world is better. Found this video that has me wondering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZTtorv84GM

I'm questioning whether the water when using Seafoam is burnt or is it pushed to the bottom of my fuel tank.
HB Helix 12 SI
112Terrova I-pilot
101 Vantage
Noco Genius Battery Chargers
w5

Last edited by mrwalleye5; 03-19-2015 at 02:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2015, 02:06 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalleye5 View Post
Seafoam was invented I believe in WWII. XP3, from what I can find has been invented since the '90's. Newer technology like a lot of things in this world is better. Found this video that has me wondering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZTtorv84GM

I'm questioning whether the water when using Seafoam is burnt or is it pushed to the bottom of my fuel tank.
Why don't they show it with fuel and water? One could be water based and soluble in water and the other not, therefore they don't mix.

To me that demonstration didn't prove anything. but I am willing to listen to other peoples comments.

DH99
Old 03-21-2015, 06:18 AM
Wallhanger

Default what kind of two stroke

If mercury mix a cocktail. But should work with any 2 stroke actually not just mercury.

1oz Mercury Quickare +
1oz Mercury Quickleen
----------------------------
Per 5 gallons of fuel

I strongly believe in shocking an engine particulary an engine with a lot of hours of idling. Then going with fore-mentioned cocktail to keep clean.

Shocking uses this product

http://www.wholesalemarine.com/quick...ower-tune.html

Warm the engine, spray the power tune through the carbs each one then on the last let the engine kill, trim the motor horizontal. Remaining spray put into the cylinders. Leave sit over night. Next take boat out on the water. Warm it up first, then run it close to full speed to clean the power tune and carbon out. I had a small 3 gallon auxiliary tank so I mixed a higher concentration cocktail of 3 ounces of quickare and quickleen to 3 gallons of gas and ran that until out. Then for maintaining then use 1 oz quickare and 1 oz quickleen to five gallons of fuel.

Shocking really cleans up a two stroke engine. Saw this on a post on BBC Boards and did this on my 1994 90 hp mercury 2 stroke idled better and engine performed better noticed a difference,

Last edited by Gary Korsgaden; 03-21-2015 at 06:38 AM.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:22 AM
Minnow

Seafoam, quick leen, red bottle HEET, techron, Lucas, etc are just a mixture of various alcohols, isopropyl being the major, and a very low viscosity oil(2 cycle works well if you want to mix your own)