Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Scatter Rap Dive Chart - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 03-17-2015, 01:41 PM
Keeper

Default Scatter Rap Dive Chart

Does anyone know if Precision Trolling is going to publish the individual $1.99 dive charts for the Rapala Scatter Raps? I looked on TheNexbite website when I ordered graphs for some other baits and didn't see them. This has become a pretty popular bait and I thought they might be developing the dive data for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2015, 02:03 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwifishnut View Post
Does anyone know if Precision Trolling is going to publish the individual $1.99 dive charts for the Rapala Scatter Raps? I looked on TheNexbite website when I ordered graphs for some other baits and didn't see them. This has become a pretty popular bait and I thought they might be developing the dive data for it.

On trolling these, I heard they blow out ? Does anybody have any trolling experience ?
Old 03-17-2015, 02:15 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by huffranger View Post
On trolling these, I heard they blow out ? Does anybody have any trolling experience ?
I bought a few when they first came out. I like the minnow version over the rap. Tends to troll much nicer without the blow out. Every time I have tried pulling the rap style rather than standard raps and I always went right back to standard raps. My thought is the scatter rap is for very aggressive mid summer bite. The stick bait I like better for trolling shallow in the fall or at night.

Just my experience thus far
Helix 5

It's all fun and games till someone loses a walleye!

Last edited by offthehook67; 03-17-2015 at 03:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2015, 05:35 PM
Slot Fish

they already have the scatter rap dive curves on the iphone app and they have been there for quite a while. they had the curves shortly after the lure came out.

i have the one for the scatter rap minnow as that is my favorite of the scatter rap lineup.

they work amazingly well for trolling, they hunt side to side and ive never had them blow out... whoever told you that must not be using fast snaps and tying direct without a loop in the line.

only issue i have with the scatter rap is that they seem to have a poor hook up rate. ive pulled more hooks out of fish with these lures than any other lure. but, they get hit a LOT, so it all evens out
Old 03-18-2015, 07:17 AM
Wallhanger

I find the scatter raps like a finesse crank with a smooth hunting action. The use of heavy mono kills the side to side hunting action. Braid will straighten out those light wire hooks the same as on a flicker shad. They have their place and time. I have not found "blowout" to be a problem. Blowout to me is when a lure goes wacko and runs way out to one side or another or spins,not a 3 or 4 foot hunting action that returns to the center then does the same thing to the other side. It is a light tackle lure. Bob