Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Merc Pro-staff warranty - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 06-30-2005, 09:14 AM
wierd

Default RE: Merc Pro-staff warranty

I'm sorry but now is not the time to be asking! Why did'nt you do all the homework before you bought it? Seems to me that spending that kind of money one would have all the facts straight first????

Whats the old saying " You always get screwed at the drive through" Lmao
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2005, 09:19 AM
sjunlogged

I do not think it is weird. Why when dealing with someone "prominant" within the industry you cannot trust them? Having an element of trust keeps us all human. Perphaps this was a misnundstanding and terror is just trying to work it out....SJ
Old 06-30-2005, 10:10 AM
Charter Member

Why do people feel they have to give lessons in life with posts? The guys asked a simple question, not for second guesses of what he did from people hiding behind anonymous posts.

A lot of good people quit posting here due to second-guesser and bashers. At least register and have a spine if you’re going to criticize.

<{{}}><
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2005, 01:58 PM
wierd

No life lesson!

Here it is, does he have the warranty he thought? Does he or did he even check to see if it was transferable? Why is he here now asking these questions?

CHECK into things before you buy!
Old 06-30-2005, 05:06 PM

OK smart pants, know it all. Yes I did check to see if it was tranferable and what was covered. No specifically for that serial number, but did check into it. I not only bought a motor, but a fully rigged boat, so I had LOTS to cover and check on in a very short time. The boat itself took most of my attention. My apologies for not being as wise as you sir. My apologies also for asking after the fact and taking up your precious reading time with my unwarranted question because of my own stupidity. If only every boat buyer could be as wise and thorough as you, we would never have any misunderstangings like this. Since not all of us walk on that same sacred ground you do, you're just going to have to put up with inferior people, like myself. Have a good day and thanks for pissing me off even worse.

Hmmmm. Now I remember why I voted for registration on this site. Hopefully your next post will have some backbone, I mean a profile, behind it.

If you are who I thnk you are....... it's not like I went and bought a boat without measuring it or checking for floatation foam. }(
Old 06-30-2005, 05:27 PM
Charter Member

terror-

just ignore the guy.

for crying out loud, for someone who thinks he's so smart he can't even spell the word "weird"

sheesh LOL

Old 06-30-2005, 05:41 PM
Charter Member

Terror, FWIW - I do believe some of the answer to your question does depend on the level and type of sponsorship the pro had with Merc.

A pro I am familiar with, has sponsorship direct with the Mfg on both boat and Motor. When he sells the boat, the purchaser is considered the original owner, and the in-service date is the date of purchase from the pro. Seems odd, the boat has been in service for a few months, but the in service date is delayed until the pro sells to the next buyer, who is considered the original owner....???

You have good reason for some questions. Since you have already covered with Merc as being recorded with a 3 year warrenty, maybe check to see what the inservice date is - might be a direction for you.

I also know of other pro's, sponsored through dealerships, their equipment - original owner and inservice date is the date the pro takes possession. So it is definitely affected by the underlying sponsorship agreement.

It's like some pro's (at the higher level)have a sponsorship like a demo boat at a dealership, at least for a period of time...

Good Luck.

Old 06-30-2005, 06:00 PM

Yeah, I know. Still saving up for one of bob's suits though. LOL
Old 06-30-2005, 06:04 PM

Thanks! I will check on that. Just getting a little antsy watching that 1-year extension mark getting further and further away in hopes of Merc waiving the rule under the circumstances, if indeed it is only 3 years. The pro's off fishing somewhere and I wanted to get it cleared up before I left town. Oh well. Thanks everyone for the help. C-you all in about a week!
Old 06-30-2005, 06:15 PM
wierd

ever think I might have spelled it that way on purpose??

Now as for you ripping on someone who asks you simple questions, I never thought a guy that lives on this site and has posted over 2000 times would have to ask simple questions that he could have had answered in 2 minutes from Merc.

Sorry that the simple solution to the problem should have been the 1st step most everyone spending this kind of money would find out 1st!

Good day and good luck on the problem!