Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Looking for LOTW info if you got it - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 06-30-2010, 09:53 AM
Slot Fish

Default Looking for LOTW info if you got it

I am heading up to LOTW out of Kenora in a couple weeks and was wondering how the fishing has been up that way and what sort of patterns people are seeing. We are going with a houseboat again this year and we are planning on hitting up the same general area we did last year around Allie Island and the associated Barrier Islands. Any info would be appreciated. I will post a trip report upon our return.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2010, 01:36 PM
Wallhanger

Bassface, Below is the June 26th report from the staff at Witch Bay camp. They seem to post good and timely fish reports. They are in the Long Bay area. We'll be up in two weeks, for three weeks. Same bat time, same bat channel. Jigging the humps and reefs in 18 to 30 ft in the NW section.

The walleye fishing remains very strong. I have been catching fish jigging on the pionts and humps in the mornings with 1\8 oz. jigs tipped with either leaches of crawlers. The fish are ranging from 14 to 28 feet of water on the different locations. In the afternoon I have been finding the eyes on the shallow boulder points they are taking plastics on 1\8 oz. jigs.
The mayfly hatch was not very big so it did not seem to have much effect on the fishing. The water temp is starting to move up with the warmer temps we have been having, yesterday the main lake temp reached 72.
The bass have also become more active with the warmer water. They are in shallow working the round boulder areas. I have been casting small crawfish colored lures and jigs with finesse worms.
There is no one in camp targeting the musky so the action remains slow for them. But the northerns are very active in the weed bays. They are taking a variety of lures jerk baits, mepps, and crankbaits.
Dick Wilkening Pro Staff
Witch Bay Camp

2020 Lund 1975 Pro-V
225 Mercury 15 Mercury
Ulterra 112 I Pilot Link MDI
Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA+ SI (2)
Humminbird 360

Last edited by Wall-i-Lama; 06-30-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:22 PM
Slot Fish

Thanks Wall-i-lama. I check the Witch Bay reports 3 times a day it seems. I was hoping for info from more main lake areas. From their reports it feels like they have been mainly fishing their bay and the outskirts. Oh well. I hear ya on the 18-30fow. Hopefully this year they will be more concentrated. Last year we had hellacious weather and they were all over the place. Some deep, some shallow, some on humps, some on shorelines, some on sand. It was maddening at times. You would catch two or three and then nothing. So we just started running and gunning and did alright. I would love to get on something resembling a school this year.

If you are in the area or need to escape a thunderstorm we will be on the 58' houseboat in the area. We should be somewhere near the Elbow channel if plans stay as they are.

Tight lines to you sir
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2010, 04:25 PM
Wallhanger

Bassface, What is the closest major island to elbow channel. Is it north or south of barrier islands?

I don't know if I'll get that far north, but you never know.

2020 Lund 1975 Pro-V
225 Mercury 15 Mercury
Humminbird 360
Old 07-01-2010, 06:06 AM
Slot Fish

If all goes as planned we will be in a little cut on the north western most side of Allie Island. The Elbow is the south western tip of Allie as I read the map. We are hoping to do some more fishing in waters south of there this year too. Last year with the weather we had travelling was tough so we stayed a little closer to camp each day.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:03 AM
Wallhanger

sent PM.

2020 Lund 1975 Pro-V
225 Mercury 15 Mercury
Humminbird 360
Old 07-03-2010, 11:25 PM
Slot Fish

TTT

ANyone? Anything new? Heading up in a week and a half.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Wallhanger

Default Mid to late July pattern

Walleyes running 24 to 34 feet in channels. Very much like a late July pattern due to the warmer temps. Surface temp is around 70F. Water is a little low but with nearly 4 inches last night it should start comming up a little. I have been fishing deep and very slow. Plenty to eat!