Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
adoption - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 06-06-2003, 04:49 PM
cmb

Default adoption

This has absolutly nothing to do with fishing other than the hope of having a little fishing partner of my own some day.

Has anyone on here adopted a child?
My wife and I are beginning the process of adopting a child from Guatemalla. If so, how did you handle financing this? (if that isn't too personal)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2003, 07:55 PM
s-bone

Default RE: adoption

my wife and I adopted from Guatemalla. We picked up our son (Connor) in october, and he turned one on May 5th. We had to save for years for the money and it was well worth it. I also know of people who had home equity loans if that is an option. When we were down in Guatemalla we met people who were on their second and third adoption and most of them are middle income. (school teachers ect.) Conner was sitting on my lap when I read this post and it just brought a smile to my face. The 4 days we were down there we met many americans there for the same reason, nobody cared what the stock market was doing or who's boat was faster everybody was just happy! Good Luck
Old 06-07-2003, 02:14 PM
Keeper

Default RE: adoption

My sister adopted a little girl "Emily" from Guatamala as well. That was over three years ago. It didn't go without a hitch though. On her first trip down there, the mother backed out and they began the process all over again after having spent a lot of time with the first little girl. Everything with without a hitch the second time around about 10 months later. Not trying to scare you or anything but like here in the states, things may not always go as planned and it may take a few trips there. Good luck to you and your wife!

Patrick Wunsch

"You should have been here last week!"