Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
yes i am an idiot - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boat Insurance (Sponsored Forums) > Let's Discuss Your Boat Insurance

Old 11-13-2012, 04:32 AM
Minnow

Default Bassmasters Tip Here

When ya hammer that throttle,it pays to have spun those baby's NECK LANYARD around to the front of your head.I lost TWO pairs of $6000 glasses by forgetting.(OF course they were bought at auction from Elizabeth Taylor's estate when she croaked-out,so my money supply has waned,and I'm back to Bill Dancer Strike Kings from Wal-mart)).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish02 View Post
question for the group. So i was flying along this weekend and my sunglasses flew off my head and into the water. Normally not a big deal. But i was wearing sunglasses that are worth $6000.00. Does boat insurance cover this or does vehicle insurance cover this. OR am I SOL.

fish
6K sunglasses made of what? Others have done worse...
Old 12-02-2012, 07:56 AM
Wallhanger

I do not want to criticize any one but why would a pair of sunglasses cost so much?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Wallhanger

Looks like you should have ponied up the extra 2 bucks for a strap.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:37 AM
Keeper

Default Homeowners

The glasses should be covered under your homeowners policy portion personal property. It is industry standard that 10% of that limit follows you anywhere. So no matter what those shades cost you just have to pay your deductible. Still a very expensive lesson. Would love to see your agents face when you turn in that claim
Minnkota Terrova 80 w/ I-link
HB ONIX 10CI SI HB ONIX 10CI COMBO
Old 03-11-2013, 10:51 PM
Keeper

Default Two things

He didn't say that insurance is going to cover them, he said insurance does cover idiot things people do sometimes. He never mentioned that he contacted his insurance company and they are going to pay for them.

Secondly, an agent myself, I don't know what peril in a homeowners policy is going to cover just the wind blowing them off your head. As mentioned, if you had scheduled them, then maybe you would find coverage but only then, and I have to think about that one. Again, what caused the loss. And being an idiot as you mentioned isn't a covered peril.

Someone mentioned that your homeowners policy covers 10% of your contents limit anywhere is true, but only for perils that are covered in the actual policy. Perils like, fire, theft, windstorm, vandalism, auto, smoke, etc are covered. I have paid for articles that people have left on their dash of the boat, tied their boat up, went back to the car and when they returned the article was missing. That would be misterious disapearence. That is covered. Just not sure about the blowing off your head peril. But if an article just bounces off your boat into the water, I think you may find there isn't any coverage.

Please let us know what you find out.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:37 PM
Keeper

What lake were you on?? J/K, man that sucks!
Old 05-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Minnow

If you have "Special Form" applying to your contents coverage on your homeowners policy, they would be covered. But make sure you have a receipt to substantiate your loss!
Old 05-16-2013, 06:18 AM
Keeper

Default Need a new job..

As I read this thread all I could think of was, I must be doing something wrong.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:03 AM
Keeper

While I would not spend that on a pair of glasses (or half that, or a tenth, or twentieth...ok a little ribbing is needed). BUT, how many of us have spent thousands on jewlery for wives, others or ourselves?

To this day I don't get it. I mean I get keeping the wife happy but, I don't get jewlery. I am spending how much? And it just sits there and doesn't do anything?

At least his glaasses served a purpose. Maybe they are being used as structure now?

Last edited by jmill77; 05-16-2013 at 08:07 AM.