Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Official docs to cross the US border - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 08:43 AM
Minnow

Default Bad Info - No you don't need a passport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb_wi View Post
We're going to Canada via land travel at the end of June. My wife and I have a passport, but our kids don't - they are 12 and 14. Apparently the post office says that now all people, even including children under 15 need a passport to travel into Canada. That is the first I have heard of this.

The last time I took my son into Canada a few years ago, I needed a passport but he just needed a birth certificate.

I'm going to call the border agent to verify, but in the meantime has anyone heard anything on this?

Thanks
I just crossed the border at Pigeon River on Monday (04-25-16). I had my 5 year old daughter with me. I provided a birth certificate only. That's it!

They didn't even ask for the permission letter from Michelle, but it's still a good idea to have one. And no, it does not need to be certified as I read in another post.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-04-26 16.48.56.jpg
Views:	816
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	208578  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2016, 08:58 AM
Keeper

Thanks for that info. I sent out for passports for both kids just to be done with it, but from what I can tell our post office is just misinformed.

-JB
Old 06-13-2016, 09:10 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb_wi View Post
Thanks for that info. I sent out for passports for both kids just to be done with it, but from what I can tell our post office is just misinformed.

-JB
Yes they were wrong. My wife is form Ontario so we have crossed many times. For land travel the cheapest option is the passport card and it last longer than a regular passport.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2016, 06:10 AM
Wallhanger

I just add a list of food of what is prohibited in my 1st post.
Old 08-10-2019, 11:56 AM
Charter Member

Here is a look from US DHS. https://www.dhs.gov/enhanced-drivers...-what-are-they. Perhaps it will help clear thing up. Know that the rules will be changing next year for sure. Just some heads up for 2020 plans. There are 39 participating state agencies at this time. Here are Land and Sea border crossing for Canada. Here is a list of Canada/US Boarder crossing by land and Sea https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rder_crossings

Last edited by 3M TA3; 08-10-2019 at 12:16 PM.
Closed Thread