Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
looking for suggestions rod holders/tracks - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 08-30-2011, 09:50 PM
Wallhanger

Question looking for suggestions rod holders/tracks

Sorry guys my search won't work on this tablet for some reason. I'm sure its been hashed here and maybe someone could link me to it but I'm looking for suggestions for tracks and holders in my 186gl. So any pictures of similar boats would be appreciated. I will most likely go with traxtech rails at 3feet or 4 depen ding on feedback. I fish green bay for eyes, skis, and lake mi for browns in spring and salmon later in the year. I will mount my two cannons on the track and they each have there own holder also. I do run dipseysand boards.
What are the rodholders you suggest, I want metal ones for sure, what layout? How are the rod "trees" etc. Any help or guidance appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2011, 08:06 AM
Wallhanger

Cisco single track mounts. Tube style for boards or cradles for boat or rods dipseys.

Rod holder trees are great for running multiple boards. With the rod tips stacked vertically, its very easy to read the rods. Cisco holders are super strong, most adjustable I've ever seen and made in Ohio.

http://www.ciscofishingsystemsltd.com/694/index.html
Old 08-31-2011, 08:10 AM
Charter Member

Check out the Driftmaster line of rod holders:

I have been using their products for some time and have had 0 issues with these products.

Reasonable prices and bullet proof construction.

It is good to get left handed rod holders for when you have them mounted on the left side of the boat. The left handed thread, keeps the rod holders from unscrewing.

Take care
REW

http://www.driftmaster.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2011, 09:11 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papascott View Post
Cisco single track mounts. Tube style for boards or cradles for boat or rods dipseys.

Rod holder trees are great for running multiple boards. With the rod tips stacked vertically, its very easy to read the rods. Cisco holders are super strong, most adjustable I've ever seen and made in Ohio.

http://www.ciscofishingsystemsltd.com/694/index.html
That stuff looks pretty nice.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:44 AM
Wallhanger

I run these on my rails http://www.ciscofishingsystemsltd.com/694/9543.html I run these for everything divers, planer board rods and one pull of them pin and the entire thing slides off and I store my triples away saftely. I run the cradles for bottom bouncers off the back corners of my Ranger rails I'll also run divers off them at times when running 4. I would be worried about mounting a large track on a rail the ends would cause unnecessary wear on the cover when strapped down tightly you don't have this with this mount. If your gunnel is wide enough you could go with the track or install a rail if you wanted a rail! either way Cisco are the most adjustable rod holder on the market, no teeth to wear out and lifetime warranty.

Last edited by K Gonefishin; 08-31-2011 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:48 AM
Keeper

Default Holders

I purchased 8 of the Cannon dual axis for use in Tite-lok tracks this year. No issues on Lake MI for salmon. My wife prefers their release lever style & option to pull them vertical for dipsy use. Muskie testing will be later this year.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:08 PM
Slot Fish

I've installed Cabela's SS rails, and then used the Folbe rod holders with the rail mounts. Rails can have just the mounts on when not needed. I do not rigger fish, but I do have 4 holders per side mounted on the rails, usually 6 for planer boards and two for dipseys. Nice for Musky trolling too!
Old 08-31-2011, 12:13 PM
Wallhanger

K-Gone....so no issues with the big ole' Dipsy Divers? Those look to be the best overall rod holder for everything I need them to do.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:11 PM
Wallhanger

We ran 4 dipseys a side last week on the cisco quick release rail mounts, ROCK solid! I have run Ciscos for over 5 years. All Great lakes Salmon and Walleye fishing. Dipseys to 8 oz bouncers to boards, no problem with any. When you look at the big charters on Erie most of them run Cisco, to me that says alot in itself.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:15 PM
Wallhanger

Nope, me and everyone else have been pulling 2-4 divers per side off Cisco's for many man years, these rod holders are the real deal for everything. I pull 2 wires off them even on my rails when salmon fishing at 3.0 mph musky fishing at 6.0, they are awesome. These are the standard rod holder on Erie, if guys don't have them, they want them put it that way....at least in most cases.

https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums...pictureid=6939 some pics of them on my rig.

Last edited by K Gonefishin; 08-31-2011 at 01:18 PM.