Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
06 620 4 blade decision. Numbers inside. - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Notices

Old 05-15-2017, 06:24 AM
Wallhanger

I currently have a worked DAH 21P Tempest Plus and a worked DAH 19P Rev 4. I also tried a stock 22P Bravo FS. Running the Bravo, my thoughts are that it kind of fell somewhere in between the Tempest and Rev 4. It turned the same RPM as my Tempest and was similar in speed, maybe just a tick slower overall. It seemed to offer better bow control than the Tempest and more stern lift but in both cases less than what I get with my worked Rev 4. So the bottom line was that for rough water or heavy loads my Rev 4 seemed to perform better and for outright performance the Tempest seemed quicker all the way around. Since I already had the other two it didn't make a lot of sense to have a third wheel sitting on the shelf. Its worth looking at depending on what your truly after as far as what type of performance your looking to get out of a prop.

What you'll probably find with the Bravo is similar top speed to your tempest with a little better handling and it will help your boat ride better. I think it's a decent all around prop but probably not the best at anything. As the saying goes, "jack of all trades, master of none".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2017, 06:27 AM
Wallhanger

On a side note, the bravo definitely has more slip than either the Tempest or the Rev 4 which becomes apparent why you can run a higher pitch prop compared to the others, its simply not as efficient at biting the water. It reminded me a little of the old Trophy series props, not quite to that extent but there were some similarities.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:28 AM
Wallhanger

Ricky has a 21FS on the way to me. I will post results when I have them.

Thanks guys,

-Eli

Old 05-16-2017, 08:02 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLE View Post
On a side note, the bravo definitely has more slip than either the Tempest or the Rev 4 which becomes apparent why you can run a higher pitch prop compared to the others, its simply not as efficient at biting the water.
I really like them, but that's been my experience with the Bravos as well.

The next step is to try sending one out to one of the prop gurus and seeing if they can add some bite to it and make it more efficient. Then you might really have something...

Waxy
Old 05-16-2017, 05:26 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
I really like them, but that's been my experience with the Bravos as well.

The next step is to try sending one out to one of the prop gurus and seeing if they can add some bite to it and make it more efficient. Then you might really have something...

Waxy
You would have a rev 4...
Old 05-16-2017, 08:38 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger B MN View Post
You would have a rev 4...
Not really.

The Bravo and Rev4 are drastically different props in terms of blade design and barrel length. They handle and perform distinctly differently too.

The Bravos run looser with more bow lift, so they're faster under most conditions in my experience. If you could combine those characteristics with a prop that bites and runs as efficiently as the Rev4 does, it would be pretty spectacular.

Waxy

Last edited by Waxy; 05-16-2017 at 08:44 PM.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:33 AM
Wallhanger

Here are some results from the 21P Bravo1 FS. The numbers in my first post were running light. The run last night was with 45+ gallons of fuel, all my gear and a new battery on the starboard side that weighs 40 lbs more than the one it replaced. The Bravo did 56.5 @ 5650. That makes it as fast or slightly faster than the Tempest. Hole shot is great even with solid plugs in. I am going to put 4 medium plugs in and see if I can make it even better. The entire boat has more lift and handles better. I am going to raise my motor up to the highest hole and see where that puts me.

Overall I am very pleased with how the prop runs.

-Eli
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bravo1 3.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	318.4 KB
ID:	259210   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bravo1 5.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	313.1 KB
ID:	259218   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bravo1 2.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	295.5 KB
ID:	259226  

Last edited by TJEli; 05-20-2017 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-22-2017, 01:31 PM
Wallhanger

Also, just to settle curiosity, I have a 19P Rev4 on the way to me. I will post the results when I have them.

-Eli