Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Bow Mount Electronics - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Notices

Old 05-15-2017, 10:04 PM
Wallhanger

Default Bow Mount Electronics

I'm looking at an 800 series Humminbird for the bow of my boat so I can finally utilize all the iPilot Link features I'm missing out on by using a Lowrance at the dash. Eventually I will upgrade the dash but don't have the finds atm.

Anyway I'm looking for mounting options that will be secure in rough water... I use a 1.5" RAM mount on the dash with a HDS 7 and I occasionally have issues with that falling in rough conditions. Are there any other options out there for something at the bow that will get beat up significantly more than the dash? Any opinions on mounting on the actual bow vs mounting on the floor of the bow?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2017, 05:39 AM
Keeper

I replaced my Ram mount on the dash & added one to the bow. I got a cisco mount for each after doing a bunch of research.

https://www.ciscofishingsystemsltd.c...ics-mount-5224

As for mounting location, I like to have the floor as clean & clear as possible, so I mounted mine up on the bow. With how the bow is constructed in my boat, it was easier too.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:41 AM
Keeper

Default Balzout

I just mounted my HDS 9 on the face of the front deck with the Balzout mount. Here is the webpage for BBG marine for the 6 inch. Which is the one I have had on the dash since last year.

http://bbgmarine.com/balzout-6-inch-...v30p8ed100v4p6

I actually used the 9 inch arm model to lift it higher up. These are solid mounts but allow you to adjust anytime.

I mounted mine to allow me to drop it down into the boat area while travailing without removing any wires. By releasing one knob the unit drops down into the boat.

These are pricey but worth it to me.

There are a couple of competing mounts including a similar one from TH marine and the KVD Kong.

Old 05-16-2017, 07:29 PM
Keeper

Ok so here is a couple of shots of the front finder.

Rock solid 9 inch Balzout mount.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fore deck 1.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	472.1 KB
ID:	258690   Click image for larger version

Name:	fore deck folded.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	460.1 KB
ID:	258698   Click image for larger version

Name:	fore deck look down.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	395.7 KB
ID:	258706  
Old 05-16-2017, 09:11 PM
Wallhanger

I'm a simple guy...I used the mount that came with my fish finder and attached it directly to the deck.

Zero flex, no movement no matter what conditions are, almost can't fail...unless I do something really stupid.

It ain't fancy, but it was cheap and it works great.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:58 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Further North View Post
I'm a simple guy...I used the mount that came with my fish finder and attached it directly to the deck.

Zero flex, no movement no matter what conditions are, almost can't fail...unless I do something really stupid.

It ain't fancy, but it was cheap and it works great.
Honestly after looking around, this is prolly what I am going to do. I don't want it sticking up higher than the deck, as I trailer without a cover (boat always stored in doors). Not to mention the adaptor cable and new Lakemaster chip I have to buy to setup the Ipilot Link, pretty much ate up rest of my budget for this.... Thanks!
Old 05-19-2017, 08:54 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karas3434 View Post
Honestly after looking around, this is prolly what I am going to do. I don't want it sticking up higher than the deck, as I trailer without a cover (boat always stored in doors). Not to mention the adaptor cable and new Lakemaster chip I have to buy to setup the Ipilot Link, pretty much ate up rest of my budget for this.... Thanks!
It'll work fine - I store in a garage and often trailer without a cover as well.