Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Cisco Mount with HDS 12 Gen 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Notices

Old 05-17-2017, 09:04 AM
Wallhanger

Default Cisco Mount with HDS 12 Gen 3

So i ordered a Cisco mount and I do like the mount a lot. I like the fact that it does NOT move.

BUT, good lord am I waiting for the gimble bracket to snap on it. Rough water the mount is rock solid, but the gimble from the weight of the HDS shakes pretty violently. I have heard of some gimbles breaking.

Anyone have this issue and what have you done? I thought about buying a stabil mount but can't see that really solving the problem. Regardless the gimble attaches to the mount. It isn't the mount that shakes its the gimble as it seems flimsy.

Wondering if I took a piece of Stainless sheeting and cut it to fit the bottom of the gimble to make it more sturdy.
NPAA #803
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2017, 09:46 AM
Wallhanger

I think stabil mount makes a beefer bracket for lowrance hds 12's. They run about 55bucks
Hds 8&5
Terrova 80 ipilot

NPAA #409
Old 05-17-2017, 11:50 AM
Wallhanger

Had the same setup. Get a piece of 1/8 aluminum same width as bottom of gimbal, cut to match and bolt it on to double the strength. I actually used another bracket I had, cut the ears off and bolted it on.
The Cisco moves also. You might not realize it but there is a little play where it rotates on the teeth. A spring hold the top to the bottom and the teeth keep it from rotating but the spring allows a small amount of movement that bugs the beeswax out of you. No way to get it out so I got a balzout mount

Old 05-17-2017, 12:04 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by alumalunker View Post
I think stabil mount makes a beefer bracket for lowrance hds 12's. They run about 55bucks
I did not see it on there site just now, but I will email them. Thanks!
NPAA #803
Old 05-17-2017, 05:03 PM
Keeper

I had the same issues after upgrading from a HDS7 with Ram mount to an HDS12 and the Cisco mount. After the first time out the bracket gouged the dash a little from it moving so much. My Cisco, I reinforced the bottom with 1/4 plate aluminum from underneath the dash to start with. I concluded that the problem was the spring loaded indexing base.(with the teeth). A little movement at the base translated to 3/4" movement at the head. I didn't need it to rotate so they sent me a solid spacer to replace it. Problem solved. Did charge me for the spacer that I'm still not happy about considering their mount didn't perform as advertised and marked up my dash. I have quite a few holders/handlining mounts from them & this was the first experience of one of the products not performing.
80lb Terrova with Ipilot
Old 05-17-2017, 05:36 PM
Minnow

Ir definitely takes a solid mount holding them HDS12 ,I was using a ram mount like most of v us and just last week I picked a Balzout system and so far I really like it.

This spring I went to a fishing sport show and looked at cisco and a few others and i noticed that they locked into position but the still would move slightly and realized it was not for me,I plan on picking up another balzout for my other ff ,just need to save up first, there not cheap
Old 05-18-2017, 04:58 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH View Post
I did not see it on there site just now, but I will email them. Thanks!
I miss read a post. If you have Facebook Bill Shimota has beefer brackets for sale for 55 bucks
Hds 8&5
Terrova 80 ipilot

NPAA #409
Old 05-18-2017, 08:11 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by alumalunker View Post
I miss read a post. If you have Facebook Bill Shimota has beefer brackets for sale for 55 bucks
I got a reply from Jim at Stabil Mounts. Shimota runs there mounts and Jim has the beefed up brackets. I am going to order one.
NPAA #803