Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Alumacraft V Lund Pricing?? Any Lund dealers on here? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Notices

Old 05-14-2017, 07:12 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowAce View Post
Finally at the point of ordering a boat and have narrowed it down to either an Alumacraft T-Pro 185 or a Pro V 1875. Have quotes on both and am in disbelief that the price difference is $20K. Either the Alumacraft dealer is giving me a **** of a deal or the Lund dealer the **** of a shaft.

Setup on the Alumacraft is full windshield, Yamaha SHO 175, tandem trailer, Terrova 80 link, Helix 9 and Helix 7. Price on that out the door is $41K. Lund Pro-V has a Vrod 200 pro and everything else is the same. Price before tax is $56,500.

Here is my question for anyone who is a Lund dealer or has dealt with a good one; the price of the boat, motor, trailer and factory options is $49,600, which I think is about where anyone will be. Now to add the Terova 80 link, Helix 9, Helix 7 and link them the dealer wants to charge $7k which I think is ridiculous. Has anyone had similar installed and how much was the charge? Or for dealers what would be an approximate price for the Pro-V out the door?

If there are any Lund dealers here that are in WI or Eastern MN? If you would be willing to give me a quote I would happily send you the spec sheet for the 1875.
You have the Lund priced out with a much more expensive engine. Not only is it a 200 Verado, ,but you say it is the 200"Pro XS" model. That means it is the L-6 Verado which comes with power steering. There is a very good chance it also has SmartCraft gauges. Big upgrades, but worth it.

What you need to do is get a line item written quote from each dealer for exactly what all is included, because numerous Pro V standard features are upgrades on other boats...and some are not available at all on other boats. Same goes for the engines, and trailers Make sure they are as close to same as possible.

You could get closer in price easily.. But you'll have to take some stuff off the Lund to get more like the TP set up as described. Start by comparing with a 4 cylinder Verado 200hp on the Lund with cheaper steering and no smart craft. ...against the TP with 175 Yamaha.

You don't want any "gray" areas on your quotes. Get it in black and white. "Gray" areas end up to be surprises.
Also there are many ways to install electronics, I assure you, doing it the best way is a lot more expensive than doing it the cheap way. By "best" I mean all inclusive installations correct brackets, done by experienced people who actually fish and use the equipment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2017, 08:06 PM
Minnow

Not certain who you are dealing with regarding the dealer but when I purchased my 2012 1875 Pro-V the best prices I could find in the country were at Rapid Sports in Ham Lake, Minnesota and the dealer that delivered the goods at the best price was Bees Sports in ? Michigan. I cannot remember the name of the town - maybe St. John, Michigan. Good luck and I really enjoy my 1875 but wish I had it on a roller trailer. I am getting too old to crank the stinking bunk trailer...
Old 05-14-2017, 08:54 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinbns View Post
A closer comparison of Lund vs Alumacraft there would be Impact vs T-Pro
Actually the Competitor is the closest to the Impact when you look at features, specs and layouts. I couldn't believe the cost difference nor the quality difference though, brand recognition still carries a hefty cost difference.

I lucked out though and got a new 2016 model and stepped up to the 195 T-pro sport instead. The Pro-V definitely had some extra features i wanted but the price and quality of the new Alumacrafts won out big time. $45 CN out the door with 150 yamaha, helix 9 megas, 112lb terrova link...cheaper than both Competitor and way cheaper than Impact let alone comparable Pro-V.

Last edited by medic583; 05-14-2017 at 09:17 PM.

Old 05-15-2017, 06:58 AM
Minnow

Check out Al's Specialty Marine in Rochester, MN. That is where I got my new 1875 Pro V last fall. Great service and they treated me right on the price.

Good luck and you will love the Pro V!
Minn Kota Ulterra with I-Pilot Link

Last edited by rootdl; 05-15-2017 at 07:04 AM.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:09 AM
Keeper

Check LaCannes for a price as well. I bought the boat listed in my signature with all the accessories installed plus a Minnkota 4 bank charger on a custom trailer for under $40K last year. They been awesome to deal with. Both before and after the sale.
Helix 10SI w/GPS

Monterey, TN
Old 05-15-2017, 11:04 AM
Charter Member

Of course there are many alumacraft dealers and many lund dealers selling products today.
Old 05-15-2017, 12:01 PM
Charter Member

The factory will complete the network.

The name of the rear deck extension you mentioned earlier is a Hider.

The Hider is made for stowing the bimini top set - but works well for other things too. They are not very expensive either to order for an existing boat.
Old 05-15-2017, 12:18 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burr View Post
The factory will complete the network.

The name of the rear deck extension you mentioned earlier is a Hider.

The Hider is made for stowing the bimini top set - but works well for other things too. They are not very expensive either to order for an existing boat.
I just talked to another Lund dealer and there seems to be an Aft Storage Compartment that holds #10 Plano boxes that seems like a perfect fishing option unlike flip up aft seats.

Waiting for a quote from them now. We'll see!!
Old 05-18-2017, 06:15 PM
Minnow

I finally got another quote on the Pro-V. So after talking to a dealer in another state The price difference is down to $8,000, which I can live with. For the record the entire price difference is in the electronics and setup.
Old 05-22-2017, 08:31 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge View Post
Then there is all of the cable running & mounting, and you asked them to configure it all. All for $2000. I see that as high but not ridiculous.
Holy Fish Finders, Batman! They get that kind of money for rigging electronics on a boat?