Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Normandy Lodge - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Notices

Old 05-16-2017, 11:13 AM
Minnow

Default Normandy Lodge

A friend of mine is headed to Normandy Lodge on Kabenung Lake in June.

I had given him some other places that I had stayed and recommended
but they were all full except this one.

I have searched the forums and the most recent post was 2011 for this place and not much information was posted so I thought I would see if anyone has been there in the last few years with a fishing report.

Any information I could pass along would be helpful. PM's are welcome.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2017, 02:24 PM
Charter Member

Default Disaster

Twenty plus (20+) years ago and it was a disaster.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:12 PM
Minnow

Yikes. Thanks for the input.
I hope for him and his son that it has changed in 20 years for the better.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:20 AM
Minnow

went there in august 2014.The fishing wasn't that great caught walleyes but no size. The camp was not that great. We stayed in a small a-frame which only had a five gallon hot water tank. 2 mins and the water was cold. If you already have it booked I would look at some of the small surrounding lakes to the southeast but you need a smaller boat to get in on the two track roads. I have friends that fish those lakes and do pretty good. If you have to fish Kabenung lake I would troll around the small islands to the right of the main channel coming out in the lake. I trolled 13 raps in blue. Keep track of where you caught fish and go back and jig it.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:37 PM
Minnow

We fished Normandy for a weekend in late-July 2009. We selected that lodge because it was relatively close to our home in northern-Michigan and so that my elderly parents could come and not be too far from civilization.

The weather was the worst we ever experienced in northern Ontario, it rained, was windy and was about 50F for both days that we fished. We caught some northern, walleye and bass, but not a lot. We fished only the part of the lake close to the lodge and never tried the half further away.

The accomodations were fine - we stayed in one of the units in the building by the lake. And the host was great. At that time it was run by a women from Germany who cooked two excellent German dinners for my parents and myself. I will remember that trip mainly for the food and because it was my parents last to Ontario.

I also agree with the suggestion that if you have a boat, bring it along as a few locals we talked with mentioned good fishing at other lakes nearby. We also have fished a lot of little lakes off the logging roads east of Normandy and had a lot of fun.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:32 AM
Minnow

Thanks for the replies!