Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Powerpro or Powerpro Super Slick 8? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Notices

Old 05-18-2017, 08:32 AM
Wallhanger

I'd go with the Super Slick for sure.

It's much more limp and it's very smooth. It's cast FAR better than original power Pro and it's silent through the guides. Knot strength and durability are excellent.

Ive tried all the braids, and the Power Pro Super Slick, especially in the high vis yellow, is my go to line without a doubt for jigging or anything where I'm casting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2017, 11:26 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
Rigs,
Just out of curiosity - what if any difference do you see when fishing with 8 lb mono - compared to fishing with 10 lb fireline or 10 lb power pro?

Any difference in the number of bites, or the number of boated fish?

I often think that the only reason that folks switch lineis because of an advertisment that the purchaser of such line has seen - as opposed to a real reason to switch because of an actual performance advantage in using different line.

Good luck
REW,

Have you ever been fishing before? If yes, then obviously you have never used braid/super lines. The sensitivity between mono and braid is not even on the same planet.

Can you catch fish with mono, of course. Will you catch more with braid in situations where feel is important, 100% yes.

Good Luck
Garmin 93sv
Old 05-19-2017, 03:21 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastflight View Post
REW,

Have you ever been fishing before? If yes, then obviously you have never used braid/super lines. The sensitivity between mono and braid is not even on the same planet.

Can you catch fish with mono, of course. Will you catch more with braid in situations where feel is important, 100% yes.

Good Luck
Exactly. Also you can get cranks much deeper when trolling.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:43 AM
Slot Fish

I am a long time power pro user and recently tried the super slick. I have only been out a few times since I spooled up the super slick, but so far I think I like regular power pro better. The super slick seemed to dig into the spool and make it difficult for line to come off.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:23 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
I'd go with the Super Slick for sure.

It's much more limp and it's very smooth. It's cast FAR better than original power Pro and it's silent through the guides. Knot strength and durability are excellent.

Ive tried all the braids, and the Power Pro Super Slick, especially in the high vis yellow, is my go to line without a doubt for jigging or anything where I'm casting.
This^^.

I've not had anymore than an occasional (tiny) problem with it digging into the spool. When I did my spool was lose or I pulled it in hard on a snag.

REW, I jig with both and like both. If I'm having a problem missing pickups I will go to the PP rod with floro leader. It does make a difference. Otherwise I like mono for jigging.

To the OP just try some different lines and draw your own conclusions. We all like different lines for different reasons.

Pooch

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."
Old 05-19-2017, 06:47 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
Rigs,
Just out of curiosity - what if any difference do you see when fishing with 8 lb mono - compared to fishing with 10 lb fireline or 10 lb power pro?

Any difference in the number of bites, or the number of boated fish?

I often think that the only reason that folks switch lineis because of an advertisment that the purchaser of such line has seen - as opposed to a real reason to switch because of an actual performance advantage in using different line.

Good luck
REW,

The difference I see and feel is more bites detected. And with the no stretch, I do have more solid hook ups leading to more fish in the boat...for me...this is my experience.

Also, like I mentioned in my first post, I can get a lighter bait down to the bottom in deeper currant better which again, leads to more bites and hook ups...for me.

If you like 8lb. mono, no worries...I fished with mono for years until I got into the braids and had positive experiences with it. In fact, I still use mono on my trolling rods, for the stretch...I loose less fish with mono trolling than I did with braid...again, my experience.

Jason