Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
How to empty gas from boat? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Notices

Old 05-18-2017, 09:07 PM
Keeper

Google "fuel transfer pump"

You should be able to find a small electric one that will suffice. There are a lot of options
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2017, 08:13 AM
Slot Fish

I never tried the air method but did try siphoning and squeezing the primer ball. My boat will not siphon and squeezing the ball was very, very slow. I finally broke down and purchased a carbole pump from amazon. Paid about $20 and I can empty my boat tank in just a few minutes. I do not like to store fuel over the winter. I start each spring with nice fresh gas.
I cannot get non-ethanol fuel here in Indiana.

I have a plastic tank so I don't worry about condensation building over the winter. Maybe I'm wrong but so far it's worked out fine.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:40 AM
Keeper

I know its not what the OP asked, but wouldn't it be fine to fill the tank to the top with fresh gas and run thru the e10? I know you wont get it 100 percent but it should definitely be close enough.

Old 05-20-2017, 06:19 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit_fan View Post
I might just do the method REW suggested, but if I wanted to pump it out would something like this do the job?

https://www.amazon.com/Electric-Fuel...Lift+pump+fuel
that pump is all you need. I have a universal pump I bought for an old motorhome that I never used. I've used it a couple of times to get old gas out of a tank.
Old 05-20-2017, 07:19 AM
Slot Fish

I run 10%E in my Alumacraft its all I can buy, I called the factory and they told me the entire fuel system is safe to run ethanol fuels and ( my mere 2.1l 4s said its safe to) I just add fuel additive to combat with water absorption.

add additives go fishing and some long cruses burn that fuel up and top off with non ethanol. save that money for 2 stroke oil.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:43 AM
Wallhanger

Unless the remaining gas is real old, or you think you have had phase separation and a high percentage of water in the tank, why bother draining? Just switch over. If only 1/4 tank, Just fill with fresh non ethanol. Your alky % will be so low, will be insignificant. Fill ups after that pretty much nothing.