Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger not shipping boats? - Page 14 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Notices

Old 05-19-2017, 08:21 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by riv View Post
My 621 came in yesterday. Here is a photo of it just off the trailer. I am hoping to take it home tonight or tomorrow.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4264827edc.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Love that color!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2017, 09:20 AM
Minnow

Was glad to find this post to see others are in the same spot I am. Only have been a lurker on here until today. My Ranger 212ls is hung up with the missing trim pieces as well. It was scheduled for finish on 5/11 but never was completed last week. Took my dealer until this week Wednesday to get the story. Sounds like my parts are scheduled to arrive on 5/30. Hoping it is a quick in and out then on a truck as there are two other FS boats through same dealership that are in the same "boat". Based on discussion with dealer on ordering first week of February and 8-12 week factory time I never imagined that I would not have the boat by June, I knew opening fishing might be in jeopardy based on timing, but not our summer vacation. Glad the sale of my previous boat through private sale went quick the weekend after labor day last fall, but it sure has been a long time without a boat... Thanks for listening.

At least I did get a few pics from the factory as it was getting built.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7262.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	259106   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7287.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	259114   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7289.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	259122  
Old 05-19-2017, 10:46 AM
Slot Fish

I am in same situation. Purchased boat beginning of February, told beginning of May. I called Ranger this week and they said boat is finished and is waiting outside for dash bezel that's on back order. At this point I will possibly have to cancel 1 or 2 vacations I planned. I have been very patient until this point. I am now getting upset because Ranger can't give me time frame when they expect the parts. I don't even understand how a dash bezel can be back ordered on a boat order placed in February? Do they have no inventory control? When that order is placed, every part on that boat BOM should be scheduled to be delivered on X day for build. I understand Ranger is doing everything they can but this is becoming extremely frustrating.

Old 05-19-2017, 01:21 PM
Minnow

My 1880 is in the same position for same parts. I ordered 3rd week of January and original completion date was last week of April. As I understand it my boat has been done & in Stage 8 for over 2 weeks. Wish I had not sold my ProV, but I did, and am boat-less as well. Hopefully next week.....patience has never been my long suit so I guess up side is I'm getting an opportunity to improve that character trait.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:56 PM
Minnow

will add more pics later today.

took out first run. very nice hole shot and handling. rides great (improvement over my 620vs)

however:

621fs with 350 vrod. kicker. empty other than two adults.

max rpm 6000 mph 60-61.

the 300 and under vrods have 2 bolts to transom. the 350 came with 3. per mercury the 300 requires two and 400 three. so looks like ranger is using 3 on the 350.

the motor is as high as possible from ranger with 3 bolts in place.

per Scott at mercury I want my 4 blade propped cavitation plate around 3" higher than the level bottom of boat. Mine is 1.75". so that explains the low max rpms. too much motor in the water.

So my question out there with those running either a LT or FS prop - are you using jack plates?

I see 63-64 at 6300-6400 as typical results with two adults and an otherwise empty boat (5 gallons of gas). I am 60-61 at 5950-6000 rpm near empty.

Is there anyone out there WITHOUT a jack plate hitting 6300 rpms with either a 22fs or 22/22.5 lt prop???

I don't want to have to add a jack plate. probably will need to lower pitch to 21.5LT vs 22FS. Doesn't look like we can raise the motor to the ideal height without a jack plate.

thx
Old 05-22-2017, 03:37 PM
Minnow

Got the bad news today my boat complete date has been bumped another 11 days. Total bummer! Makes it over 4 months from order date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2017, 02:28 PM
Slot Fish

I'm over 4 months too. If I don't have it first week of June, not going to be happy.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:04 PM
Minnow

From my dealer just now:

I received a call from my Rep this afternoon in regards to the message I sent about the status of your boat. He had nothing good to tell me Scott. He is thinking the boat will be two weeks off of the 6-1 completion date. The factory is out of parts. They can build the boats but canít get them finished. They are missing gauges, panels, and trolling motors as my rep is currently at the factory as we speak. I know this isnít what you wanted to hear but apparently all manufactures are currently experiencing this as no one was prepared for the spike in boat sales this year. If you would like to talk to the rep I can have him call you or send you his phone number and you can contact him Scott. Like I said I have seen this issue with the 1880 Angler and just assumed it was that boat with it being a new model for the 2017 year. Thanks Scott have a great day!!!

Needless to say I'm not thrilled...
Old 05-23-2017, 03:23 PM
Slot Fish

Is there no way to find out when Ranger expects parts? I don't see how Ranger could not know when a supplier can supply X number of parts. In my case, their waiting on dash bezel. It sure would be nice to know a ballpark date so I can cancel my 3 June Vacations and save lot of money.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:41 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjy View Post
I'm over 4 months too. If I don't have it first week of June, not going to be happy.
You will do as your told and you will do it with a SMILE on your face............

Sorry, I couldn't resist................
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra