Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Spring or Fall - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Notices

Old 05-19-2017, 10:11 AM
Wallhanger

Default Spring or Fall

For those of us that try to make at least two trips a year...if you could only take one, which would you pick.
I'd go with a fall trip, no contest. Fishing is easier in the spring, but fall fishing just has something about it that I like. No crowds, no pressure, not much surprise with the weather. You go expecting the worst and when it turns out to be nice weather (the last two years for me) it's a bonus. Fish seem bigger and meaner. All that being said, two weeks from today and I'm on my way for the first trip of the year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2017, 11:23 AM
Charter Member

Yes and Yes, but fall is the most serene, beautiful, peaceful, quiet and the realization of the upcoming winter makes it seem like I just snuck under the closing gate to experience the last hurrah of nature.

Bill
Old 05-19-2017, 12:26 PM
Minnow

any trip is great but fall trip for me is the best. love the weather. love the fall colors. love that it is not so crowded. a late sept. trip for me is the best time.