Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
VMC Tingler spoon - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Ice Fishing - Mainly a winter sport > Ice Fishing

Notices

Old 02-08-2017, 08:58 PM
Keeper

Default VMC Tingler spoon

Last week my bro asked me to go along with him and his friend to do some walleye/perch fishing. They both are very good anglers, as we set up, the day before a cold front slipped through the area. First time on this lake for me . My first thought is a game plan what to use ,water clarity stained,cold front, first thing on my mind was a buckshot. Looked around to watch others did not see any action what so ever as they were actively jigging. Went to my tackle lots to choice from thinking finicky fish, needed something with with a slower presentation more of a sweep from side to side picked up the perch vmc tingler spoon and minnow head on my other hole had a dead stick with a moonglow jig. Pleasantly surprised the bite was on as i dropped my vmc in the hole an eye smacked it, pole slid to the hole set the hook 1 nice eye as i was jigging slowly caught lots of eyes on dead stick also bring them in with the spoon. Had 4 hours on ice caught 10 kept 4. Brother and his friend had a total of 2 between them. They were using buckshots. VMC Tingler worked again. Guessing the eyes did not want the rattles that day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2017, 05:32 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoneyes View Post
Last week my bro asked me to go along with him and his friend to do some walleye/perch fishing. They both are very good anglers, as we set up, the day before a cold front slipped through the area. First time on this lake for me . My first thought is a game plan what to use ,water clarity stained,cold front, first thing on my mind was a buckshot. Looked around to watch others did not see any action what so ever as they were actively jigging. Went to my tackle lots to choice from thinking finicky fish, needed something with with a slower presentation more of a sweep from side to side picked up the perch vmc tingler spoon and minnow head on my other hole had a dead stick with a moonglow jig. Pleasantly surprised the bite was on as i dropped my vmc in the hole an eye smacked it, pole slid to the hole set the hook 1 nice eye as i was jigging slowly caught lots of eyes on dead stick also bring them in with the spoon. Had 4 hours on ice caught 10 kept 4. Brother and his friend had a total of 2 between them. They were using buckshots. VMC Tingler worked again. Guessing the eyes did not want the rattles that day.
Been there done that! Its amazing one day they want noise, one day they want flash, one day they want nothing but meat! The puzzle is always rewarding when you get it figured out.

Why didn't the other two switch from their buckshots?

I will be in your neck of the woods this weekend trying to put the puzzle together!
Old 02-09-2017, 04:38 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLewellin View Post
Been there done that! Its amazing one day they want noise, one day they want flash, one day they want nothing but meat! The puzzle is always rewarding when you get it figured out.

I will be in your neck of the woods this weekend trying to put the puzzle together!
The weekend before they were at the same lake did fair, using buckshots. I even offered since i had 3 more vmc in my tacklebox. Sometimes people get hung up on what worked in the past. When i see a someone hammering fish i would change in a instant or at least get close to the color pattern if i knew what they were using and even watch how they are jiging. They sure missed boat. Had a blast, its been a long winter so far 58in of snow and cold. Good luck and stay safe.

Old 02-09-2017, 04:46 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoneyes View Post
The weekend before they were at the same lake did fair, using buckshots. I even offered since i had 3 more vmc in my tacklebox. Sometimes people get hung up on what worked in the past. When i see a someone hammering fish i would change in a instant or at least get close to the color pattern if i knew what they were using and even watch how they are jiging. They sure missed boat. Had a blast, its been a long winter so far 58in of snow and cold. Good luck and stay safe.
Ya I have even had a guy in my boat struggle to catch an eye while at the same time two of us are catching had over fist and he would not change to what we were using.:cook:

I have no pride when it comes to catching fish. If what I am doing is not working I will even go ask the guy that is catching what is working for him. Sometimes they are very helpful sometimes they are not. I enjoy seeing everyone catch fish.
Old 02-10-2017, 06:09 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLewellin View Post

You should have a nice weekend upper 30's little breezy. Good luck heard devils is picking up and there is some good lakes in Central lots of snow on ice, SE part o North Dakota not as much . Were ever you go a day on the ice is is better than a day at work. Good Luck.