Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Chamberlain/Platte area reports? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Notices

Old 04-13-2017, 10:47 AM
Slot Fish

Talking Chamberlain/Platte area reports?

Hey guys just wondering how the fishing was out in the chamberlain, platte area. Headed out tomorrow solo and just curious if anyone has any helpful info. I know a few tournaments have been taking place and I was curious if anyone know's the water temp if the walleyes are off the spawn and feeding again? I'm leaning towards jigging but I wouldn't mind pulling plugs if that doesn't produce. If you feel more comfortable sending a PM that's fine too. I will post what I come across either way when I get back.

Happy fishing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2017, 11:24 AM
Slot Fish

I fished out there a week ago. Thur we did pretty good jigging in 18-20' of water south of Crow Creek. We didn't find any of the bigger fish like we had earlier in the year but lots of good eater size males. The water temp ranged from low 40's in the morning to mid 40's in the afternoon. We tried pulling plugs Thur evening and didn't get any. Friday we really struggled with 25+ mph winds.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2017, 04:34 PM
Keeper

We did about the same water temp is 44 when we left Saturday think the fish are just going into the Spawn

Old 04-13-2017, 08:26 PM
Keeper

Just fished today and the water temp was 52. All the fish we caught were males but none were milking. We were pulling plugs in about 25 feet of water south of Crow Creek and had a limit for two in under 3 hours. The first walleyes of the year are always the tastiest. Tomorrow we'll be trying some live bait to see how it works.
Old 04-14-2017, 02:42 AM
Slot Fish

Thanks for some insight guys, it's tough to decide to head north or south towards the white, I haven't heard much going on down there and the reports I get are scattered. Although with the wind I may just motor right out of American Creek and throw my trolling motor down haha! Will report later today.
Old 04-15-2017, 03:34 AM
Slot Fish

Well thanks in part to my infant son who is teething and the fact I think Mother Nature hates me I did not make it to Chamberlain yesterday and truth be told with the wind I'm ok with that lol. Still hoping to get out Sunday or Monday if I do I'll report back.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:12 PM
Keeper

Going to try tomorrow around chamberlain too, have a bit of everything in the boat so hoping for a little luck.
Old 04-16-2017, 03:39 PM
Keeper

We had fantastic luck pulling hornets on Friday. Just my wife and I and we boated over 50 fish in just over 3 hours. We had 2 triples and 4 doubles in that time. We trolled north only south of Crow Creek. We started where the road comes down the hill ending at the lake and went maybe a half mile north before doing it again. Anything metallic purple or gold worked best. We used lead core with four colors out going 1.6-1.9 mph in about 26' of water on the east side of the channel. Good luck.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:54 PM
Keeper

That's where our best luck was today also, but we ran flicker shads.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:27 AM
Slot Fish

we managed to get on Thompson yesterday and pull a 3 man limit. Hard day using everything, but gold spinners and split shot or lindy sinker with a minnow seemed to be the only thing producing along with the occasional jig hit. Very tough day, water temps were in the low 50's and the males were ready to party in the shallows. Might be a rough couple of weeks here on out.