Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2017 Alumacraft Competitor 185 Tiller - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Notices

Old 04-15-2017, 06:39 PM
Minnow

So if the prop is a 15 now, and I'm seeing 55-5600 rpm max, what would be a good option?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2017, 07:09 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Z28 View Post
So if the prop is a 15 now, and I'm seeing 55-5600 rpm max, what would be a good option?
Send Merconly a pm and find out,...

If I had to guess you could move the motor up a hole which should gain a bunch of rpms, and then go to a different higher pitched prop,...
Old 04-16-2017, 04:48 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Larson View Post

If I had to guess you could move the motor up a hole which should gain a bunch of rpms, and then go to a different higher pitched prop,...
I agree with this guess, but I am not real familiar with the Rebel props. You also may be able to trim the Viper and Rogue props out a bit further. In doing so your rpms will increase allowing you to go to a 17 pitch, which is probably more like where you should be.

Old 04-16-2017, 04:59 AM
Slot Fish

Also according to Etec Owners Group (my go to source for all things Etec) that motor's "optimal" rpm range is at the top of the recommended range 5750-6000. That's the range you should ideally shoot for.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:22 AM
Keeper

Default Load Guides

Lazer Mule - check your PM's
Old 04-17-2017, 08:01 AM
Minnow

My trailer looks to be a little different.

Click image for larger version

Name:	day 1 comp 175.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	253562

LM
Old 04-17-2017, 11:16 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Larson View Post
Send Merconly a pm and find out,...

I sent he/she a email...and I'm waiting for their response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazermule View Post
My trailer looks to be a little different.

Attachment 253562

LM
It's a Eagle Bunk Trailer. Looks like yours is the Alumacraft Trailer.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:33 PM
Wallhanger

that looks like a real nice rig and combo! I am continually amazed at how many people are so wound up about top speed! 37 vs 40? big deal? maybe its just me, its a fishing boat, getting up and staying on plane and being able to idle down to around 2.0 is way more important, but like I said that's me. En joy that boat!
Old 04-18-2017, 05:34 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Z28 View Post
I have the same setup as you but motor is up one hole on the transom and running a 17 viper with a little cup added still pulls at 5900 wot. best gps numbers I've seen is 42. I've also added vent holes to the hub. I would also look into the tiller assist for that motor makes a huge difference on how far you can trim out the motor without steering torque
Old 04-18-2017, 01:20 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoxman01 View Post
I have the same setup as you but motor is up one hole on the transom and running a 17 viper with a little cup added still pulls at 5900 wot. best gps numbers I've seen is 42. I've also added vent holes to the hub. I would also look into the tiller assist for that motor makes a huge difference on how far you can trim out the motor without steering torque
Thanks for the info. I saw the tiller assist at the NWSS, and picked the guys brain a bit. I think I'll be ordering one in the next few months. There's deffinately some steering torque with this motor when you're trimmed up. I'll poke around and see if I can't find a buddy with a cherry picker so I can lift the motor up one more notch, and see where that takes me.