Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund Impact 1775 cavitation and other issues - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Notices

Old 04-25-2017, 06:11 AM
Minnow

Upgrading from a aluminum spitfire to the X-7 prop in the same pitch woke my lund impact up. Night and day difference. no more blowout in turns, better holeshot 2 mph increase in speed, and just better overall handling and ability to trim higher. And I didn't move the motor to get these results. The aluminum spitfire makes a good "spare"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2017, 07:38 AM
Minnow

OK. So I forgot my password and my e-mail is setup in a way that it's impossible to get a new password request sent so I have to start a new account.

Anyways, here are some pictures.

http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/...psiyw9j22p.jpg

http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/...psmhwodthi.jpg
Old 04-25-2017, 08:44 AM
Keeper

Wow.. I'm going to where my boat is at later today.. but I'm pretty sure that's sitting way too low.. I think my opti is on the third hole.

Do you tilt that swim ladder up out of the water when you are running your boat? That would make a huge drag on it as well.

Last edited by alberta bum; 04-25-2017 at 08:47 AM.

Old 04-25-2017, 08:48 AM
Slot Fish

Move that motor up 2 holes and give that a try. I am betting that you will be much happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-25-2017, 08:50 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by John69 View Post
TMAC

Interesting comments on the Pro XS being mounted all the way down (mounted top hole). My 2017 1775 SS , 115 Pro XS came factory mounted in top hole and I was concerned after reading quite a bit about performance. I'm still in early break in ~3 hours but here's some results from over weekend:

- 3/4 full fuel
- 1 person in boat with fishing load
- 4 batteries (2 bow / 2 rear)
- 9.9 kicker
- 19P aluminum Spitfire

Straight away trimmed between 1/4 and 1/2 hitting 5800 rpm about 43-44 mph. Yes, if I turn at any sort of steep turn blowout exists. I told myself I'm going to run it this year to get some hours on it and maybe play with props next year. Performance is perfectly fine for the way I fish though.
John that's good to hear and thank you.
Yes, mounted all the way down is where we found the aluminum props to work best since the engine is a bit shorter than the old 115s

As for your future plans for your rig, it is very easy to bring it up to a little higher level of performance.
- If you get yourself an x-7 Stainless Spitfire and you will stay "hooked up" better. That means you can trim higher resulting in more speed and better handling. (due to more rpms being transferred to the water...instead of venting) . It also means you can raise the engine a hole higher if you want..(less drag= more speed) The recommended X-7 Spitfire is the 17 pitch on your boat/ engine combination.

Prop testing is done so we know what works.

Again... thanks for the report.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:53 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by alberta bum View Post
Wow.. I'm going to where my boat is at later today.. but I'm pretty sure that's sitting way too low.. I think my opti is on the third hole.

Do you tilt that swim ladder up out of the water when you are running your boat? That would make a huge drag on it as well.

Yeah, I just put it down so I have somewhere to stand when I'm putting the cover on that side since I don't have a dock over there.

So it sounds like I need to have the motor brought up a hole or two and put a x7 spitfire 17p prop on?
Old 04-25-2017, 09:08 AM
Wallhanger

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtspro6 View Post
Upgrading from a aluminum spitfire to the X-7 prop in the same pitch woke my lund impact up. Night and day difference. no more blowout in turns, better holeshot 2 mph increase in speed, and just better overall handling and ability to trim higher. And I didn't move the motor to get these results. The aluminum spitfire makes a good "spare"

Amen.... Thanks!!! ... and Hallelujah !!
Old 04-25-2017, 10:13 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders31 View Post
Yeah, I just put it down so I have somewhere to stand when I'm putting the cover on that side since I don't have a dock over there.

So it sounds like I need to have the motor brought up a hole or two and put a x7 spitfire 17p prop on?
That's what I would do. Kind of discouraging to hear your dealer wasn't much help in resolving this.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:14 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Mag View Post
That's what I would do. Kind of discouraging to hear your dealer wasn't much help in resolving this.
Tell me about it....

The worst was the "it's normal"..... I've owned and driven enough boats to know the amount of cavitation and drag I feel isn't normal
Old 04-25-2017, 02:06 PM
Keeper

Just looked at my boat.. it has a 115 optimax on it.. the bolts are in the middle hole. Cavitation plate is level with the bottom of my boat when fully trimmed down.. pm me an email address and I'll send pictures