Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Shorelander Trailer issues - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers

Notices

Old 04-26-2017, 07:43 PM
Minnow

Default Shorelander Trailer issues

2013 Lund Impact 2025, 200 Verado, 9.9 Pro kicker, when I load boat on Shorelander bunk trailer it always slides to side opposite the kicker. Is the offset weight the issue as to why it wont center itself?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2017, 06:27 AM
Keeper

I believe the weight of the kicker is your prime culprit assuming your trailer is setup correctly for the boat otherwise (I know what happens when we assume). I had the same problem with mine, every time I would pull it out of the water the back would slide to the side opposite of the kicker (my boat also has the starting battery located on the same side as the kicker which doesn't help the situation).

At the time the boat sat on a "generic" Venture bunk trailer. I tried adjusting guides and everything else I could think of, but it was a circus trying to center that boat.

You may not like this answer but I finally solved my problem by swapping out that trailer for a 4 bunk trailer designed for my model of boat. Now I get it on and centered in one shot.

I don't know if this helps, but I have felt your pain.

Good luck.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:54 AM
Wallhanger

A set of Bullseye trailer guides may be what you need. I have two sets on my trailer and they are awesome. There are YouTube videos about them. http://bullseyequickload.com/

Old 05-01-2017, 07:51 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRC View Post
2013 Lund Impact 2025, 200 Verado, 9.9 Pro kicker, when I load boat on Shorelander bunk trailer it always slides to side opposite the kicker. Is the offset weight the issue as to why it wont center itself?
Same setup and have a 4 bunk shorelander. I used 8- 2x8,s to stiffen the sagging boards and lowered the bunk brackets so I only went up 1/2" higher than before. I also used bow roller guides and the "new" style side roller guides which are adjusted within 3/4"- 1" of thee sides of the boat. Had the same problems as you prior to this but, now seems much better although, I have only got the boat in the water 3-4 times so far this spring.
Minn Kota Terrova 80lb
2-Humminbird Helix 9
Old 05-01-2017, 09:13 AM
Keeper

I was having similar problems on my Impact, I installed a self-centering roller on the forward crossbar (see pic) with this modification the boat it solved my centering issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160328_045518 (3).jpg
Views:	179
Size:	499.7 KB
ID:	255714  
Old 05-01-2017, 10:20 AM
Charter Member

XRC,
Are you in the boat, when the boat is loaded?

If so, are you in the drivers seat?

I assume that when you say that the boat is settling to the side away from the kicker, I am assuming that this means the starboard or drivers side.

If so - and if you stay in your seat when loading, it could be the drivers weight that is causing the issue.

If that is the case, stand up in the center of the boat when loading to keep your body weight centered in the boat and not cause the boat to be out of balance when loading.

p.s.

If you and every one else get out of the boat, and then winch the boat onto the trailer starting out from deep water - does the boat still list to one side or the other on the trailer?

Good luck
Old 05-18-2017, 09:56 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRC View Post

Do you have the carpeted side guides? IMO they are not very helpful for keeping the boat centered unless you want to mar up the side of your boat. Especially with the new metal flake paint. Check out the new longer roller guides that come on the new Shorelander trailers that Lund is using. I bought a set for my ProV and found they work really well because you can set them close to the spray rail and not worry about marring the paint.
Ulterra 112 w/Link