Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund 1775 Impact SS Prop - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Notices

Old 04-28-2017, 08:47 AM
Keeper

Default Lund 1775 Impact SS Prop

I have a '16 Lund 1775 Impact with a Merc 115 four stroke. I have the aluminum Spitfire prop that is 19p if I remember correctly.

I know this question has been asked time and time again, but here goes. I'm considering a new prop to reduce blowout in corners and while navigating rough water. I am looking at the Spitfire X7 17p based on the posts I found while searching. Is this still the preferred prop for my setup?

I usually fish either alone (205lbs) or with one other about the same size, but have had up to four adults including myself. Full load of fishing gear (always), 24v trolling motor & batteries, maybe a full 45qt ice chest depending on temps. Of course, my livewell is always full of fresh catches!

I don't have a problem with my current speed or performance other than the turning and rough water blowout that always occurs without trimming all the way down.

Also, who has the best price on props? I found Jaco's Marine, just didn't know if there was anyone else I should work with.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2017, 10:42 AM
Wallhanger

Jacos is a good place to buy props from- and I've bought 4 SS props from them over the years- fast delivery and good prices. I can't comment on the X7 since on my GF's 115 Merc 4S she's happy enough with the stock 3 blade aluminum, and I run trophy plus props on my 150 Merc 4S since I need 23 pitch.
Doug
Old 04-28-2017, 11:06 AM
Charter Member

same boat, same problem. I put on an x7 17 inch, love it!

Old 04-28-2017, 11:17 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickn View Post
same boat, same problem. I put on an x7 17 inch, love it!

How did it improve your performance? Any complaints?
Old 04-28-2017, 01:55 PM
Slot Fish

What are your WOT RPM's at?
Old 04-28-2017, 02:29 PM
Charter Member

When I broke the motor in, the boat was mostly empty. Me, my brother, and two trolling batteries. it ran good like that, but could barley trim without blowing out. after the kicker, terrova were put on, I lost 5mph, 1000 rpms. the x7 brought the speed and rpms back. the spitfire was a 19 inch. I can trim up now until the trim stops, just barley starting to slip. the x7 is a 17 inch.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:18 PM
Wallhanger

Yep... the aluminum spitfires don't work real well in a 115... There is a much better choice.
What we found that does really work well is the new. ..X-7 Stainless Steel Spitfire (Mercury)

But you want a 17 pitch in the X-& Spitfire ,is what we found in testing props at Lund.

You will not believe the difference. It stays hooked up better! This is the key thing. Not only do you corner better., by staying hooked up better, ...you can trim higher...that means more boat out of the water... means more speed as well as better handling.

Enjoy!
Old 04-28-2017, 03:53 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Mac View Post
Yep... the aluminum spitfires don't work real well in a 115... There is a much better choice.
What we found that does really work well is the new. ..X-7 Stainless Steel Spitfire (Mercury)

But you want a 17 pitch in the X-& Spitfire ,is what we found in testing props at Lund.

You will not believe the difference. It stays hooked up better! This is the key thing. Not only do you corner better., by staying hooked up better, ...you can trim higher...that means more boat out of the water... means more speed as well as better handling.

Enjoy!

T Mac,

Will that X-7 SS Spitfire 17 P also work for the 1.7 liter 115hp 4 stroke Merc on a 1775 Impact, or is that only for the newer 2.1 liter 115? I have the stock black max 12 x 19 and the hole shot could be a bit snappier.

andersaki
Old 04-28-2017, 03:57 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen View Post
What are your WOT RPM's at?

I'll check again next time I'm out so I don't lie to you.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:58 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Mac View Post

Enjoy!

T Mac,

This is exactly what I was looking for. The motor sounds like it has more oomph but I can't get there due to trim limitations.

Thanks!