Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund 1775 Impact SS Prop - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Notices

Old 05-04-2017, 11:25 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulo gulo View Post
Yes it seems a little crazy trying to figure out what hole and prop to go with. I would think part of the issue is that Mercury has recently had 3 different 115 versions. Still it's not like Lund does not sell many 1775 Impacts, in fact I gotta think it is one of their more popular boats. This stuff should be figured out by know. If prop testing has been done, post the results on the Lund webpage with hole # and prop part#. This would help both consumers and dealers.

Is there a chance that there is some variation in transom height? I would doubt it but it could be possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2017, 02:12 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikear View Post
Is there a chance that there is some variation in transom height? I would doubt it but it could be possible.
No, I don't think so. I believe Lund Impacts 1775 and larger have always been 25in transoms. This is a very common transom height for boats of this size.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:14 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulo gulo View Post
Yes it seems a little crazy trying to figure out what hole and prop to go with. I would think part of the issue is that Mercury has recently had 3 different 115 versions. Still it's not like Lund does not sell many 1775 Impacts, in fact I gotta think it is one of their more popular boats. This stuff should be figured out by know. If prop testing has been done, post the results on the Lund webpage with hole # and prop part#. This would help both consumers and dealers.
Exactually right! Looking through all of the posts and other threads relating to the performance on the 1775 Impact, the motors are installed at different heights and they come with all different props. I realize that we all have a little different set ups (kickers/no kickers, etc.), but you'd think that they should all perform pretty much the same.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:06 PM
Keeper

Default Lund 1775 Impact SS Prop

Received my X7 17p from Jaco's yesterday. Got it installed last night. Hopefully I'll be able to test run it in the next few days.

My motor is mounted in the top hole. I didn't have time to check it with a straight edge, but the cav plate looks to be slightly below the keel. I'll give the prop a shot and check the cav plate height the correct way. I may move up one hole later on.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:54 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikear View Post
Received my X7 17p from Jaco's yesterday. Got it installed last night. Hopefully I'll be able to test run it in the next few days.

My motor is mounted in the top hole. I didn't have time to check it with a straight edge, but the cav plate looks to be slightly below the keel. I'll give the prop a shot and check the cav plate height the correct way. I may move up one hole later on.

Hi Mikear,
I have my motor mounted up one hole with the x7 17p. My cav plate still looks very slightly lower than the hull. I may get a chance to test it this weekend on it's maiden voyage. I will post back when I do.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:08 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulo View Post
Hi Mikear,
I have my motor mounted up one hole with the x7 17p. My cav plate still looks very slightly lower than the hull. I may get a chance to test it this weekend on it's maiden voyage. I will post back when I do.

Report back with what you find. Thanks.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:05 PM
Keeper

Default Lund 1775 Impact SS Prop

Took the new prop out for a day on the water. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! Can trim to the stops, no blowout in a straight line or in corners. Much more range of trim from holeshot without blowout. Got my RPMs to 6k and 44mph. So gained RPM and speed by dropping 2" of pitch.

One question I have is the sound this thing makes when you put it in gear. It is like a low pitched rattle. Only does it for a second. Is that due to the mass of the SS prop vs. aluminum loading the gears differently? No vibration whatsoever after it quits, so I don't believe it's a balancing issue.

I took a short video but I don't know how to post it.

Last edited by mikear; 05-19-2017 at 07:09 PM.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:02 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Mac View Post
Yep... the aluminum spitfires don't work real well in a 115... There is a much better choice.
What we found that does really work well is the new. ..X-7 Stainless Steel Spitfire (Mercury)

But you want a 17 pitch in the X-& Spitfire ,is what we found in testing props at Lund.

You will not believe the difference. It stays hooked up better! This is the key thing. Not only do you corner better., by staying hooked up better, ...you can trim higher...that means more boat out of the water... means more speed as well as better handling.

Enjoy!
T Mac,

The rain is pouring down this morning here in Minnesota, so I turned on the tube to watch a few fishing shows. There you were on the Lund the ultimate fishing show talking about and demonstrating the Spitfire X-7 prop. Very impressive! What is the difference between the X-7 and the aluminum version, other than about $300? Thanks

andersaki
Old 05-21-2017, 01:17 PM
Keeper

T Mac, I have to give you "props". This thing handles like it is on rails. Night and day difference.

If anyone has an idea, I'm still wondering about the low pitched vibration/shake when placing into gear.
Old 05-21-2017, 02:05 PM
Keeper

try using a "Flo-torq 3 hub kit" , you have "prop rattle" from a Flo-torq 2 hub kit. Do a search on this topic, and everything will be very clear.