Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Power Pro vs Fireline - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Notices

Old 05-13-2017, 08:10 AM
Slot Fish

Default Power Pro vs Fireline

Looking to start use more braid. Considering Power Pro vs Fireline. Primarily will be casting jig with plastics. What are the pros and cons of each line.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2017, 08:33 AM
Keeper

I started with power pro then went to other lines---stuck with fireline for years and now am back to all power pro.

I use power pro because I jig a lot and pitch jigs. Power pro comes off the reel the smoothest. I found the other lines seat themselves together very easy.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:39 AM
Charter Member

The last time I used Fireline, it noticeably wore rapidly. By this, I mean it frayed at the casting end. This fraying was considerable and seemingly faster than I though it should. That was the last which I purchased, and went to Powerpro, which I have stayed with. It is possible that Berk has taken care of the problem fraying by now, so perhaps it no longer is an issue; I may not find our, as I really like Powerpro.

Bill

Old 05-13-2017, 03:00 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye1 View Post
Looking to start use more braid. Considering Power Pro vs Fireline. Primarily will be casting jig with plastics. What are the pros and cons of each line.
Are you using casting or spinning. Fused lines(like fireline) cast better for me on spinning but power pro for all my casting
Old 05-14-2017, 04:35 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Krejca View Post
The last time I used Fireline, it noticeably wore rapidly. By this, I mean it frayed at the casting end. This fraying was considerable and seemingly faster than I though it should. That was the last which I purchased, and went to Powerpro, which I have stayed with. It is possible that Berk has taken care of the problem fraying by now, so perhaps it no longer is an issue; I may not find our, as I really like Powerpro.

Bill
Me too.
Old 05-14-2017, 09:13 AM
Wallhanger

Hello: Started using spiderwire when it first came out , really liked it . Fireline came out later , tried it a couple times and never did like it. I've tried lots of braids over the years. Tried Nanofil when it came out but I didn't like it either. I use Power Pro , Spiderwire , Suffix 8-32 , Kastking and about 3 weeks ago I bought some Diawa J-braid which I really like but have only used it about 4 times out but I'm happy with it so far. Good Luck. O - R
Old 05-14-2017, 11:46 AM
Charter Member

The only braided or fused line that I have ever used with any consistency has been prower pro. Never have had an issue with power pro in any way.

Good luck
Old 05-14-2017, 02:53 PM
Wallhanger

Cant stand fireline, i think it is the worst superline ever invented. Ive had several buddies that "love fireline" until they pick up one of my rods with real braid on it, their opinions always change within 10 minutes.

Power pro, 832, and stealth are all good, pretty similar in performance.

Ive been using kastking 15lb since jan and have grown to really like it. I can say the 15lb i am using is very comparable to the above mentioned lines, and about 1/4-1/2 the price. So far i have not found anything negative to say about it- and that is rare for me. I think i have tried every braid on the market, and this one has stayed on for almost 6 months, so that should tell you something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2017, 03:36 PM
Wallhanger

I use Power Pro and Fireline Crystal for pitching jigs I use Crystal I can read my line where Power Pro blends in and for me is near impossible to line watch. I have used Crystal 10lb 2lb diameter since it came out and really like it on my spinning set ups.
Old 05-14-2017, 03:48 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomP. View Post
I use Power Pro and Fireline Crystal for pitching jigs I use Crystal I can read my line where Power Pro blends in and for me is near impossible to line watch. I have used Crystal 10lb 2lb diameter since it came out and really like it on my spinning set ups.

Have you tried power pro yellow? Very easy to see when pitching. The red is easy to see as well on dark days.

Fireline crystal is 10/4, powerpro is 10/2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk