Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Skeeter boat choices - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-14-2017, 04:52 AM
riverduck11 riverduck11 is offline
Minnow
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 39
Default

Depending on my much you may have to move that boat in your garage, you may want to consider weight. The 1910 is about 300 more pounds than the 1850. On top of that, most 1910's have a tandem axle. That is very tough to move by hand.

The MX sits very high on the trailer if you look at any pictures. This was mentioned to me during my search last season. If you fish shallow launches, I have heard it can be troublesome.

After buying a brand new boat last season. I like the warranty and the ability to fix anything you don't like about the boat by calling warranty claims, but I know you pay for that luxury. You are probably getting like 7,000 off on the 1910 if it is the same price as a new 1850 with only 2 years of use. The 1910 should still have warranty to the second owner and on the motor, I assume.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #12  
Old 05-14-2017, 06:30 AM
Danno85 Danno85 is offline
Minnow
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverduck11 View Post
Depending on my much you may have to move that boat in your garage, you may want to consider weight. The 1910 is about 300 more pounds than the 1850. On top of that, most 1910's have a tandem axle. That is very tough to move by hand.



The MX sits very high on the trailer if you look at any pictures. This was mentioned to me during my search last season. If you fish shallow launches, I have heard it can be troublesome.



After buying a brand new boat last season. I like the warranty and the ability to fix anything you don't like about the boat by calling warranty claims, but I know you pay for that luxury. You are probably getting like 7,000 off on the 1910 if it is the same price as a new 1850 with only 2 years of use. The 1910 should still have warranty to the second owner and on the motor, I assume.


The 1910 I'm looking at actually isn't a tandem and I kind of found that odd... How long do boat warranties usual go for?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-14-2017, 09:16 AM
pale ryder's Avatar
pale ryder pale ryder is online now
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North West Wisconsin
Posts: 1,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno85 View Post
Oops... I mean 150. Thanks for pointing that out ! You would go with the two year old wx 1910 over new? Curious your thoughts on why. Also what year is your MX? I have lots of questions lol
Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With a used boat it depends on condition and if it is rigged with the electronics I want.
When you are fishing bigger is almost always better and I have heard only good things about the 1910. However I haven't been in one so I might have a different opinion if I found something I didn't like.

I chose the MX1825 over the WX1850 because I prefer the layout and storage. And it is wider and more stable of a casting platform. Also the React Keel is a real thing, my MX tracks better than any other boat that I have driven including the Ranger 618 tiller it replaced.
__________________
2013 Skeeter MX 1825
150 Yamaha 4-stroke
101 lb Terrova I-pilot link
Humminbird Helix 10 mega si and 2 898s
Talon 12'
Lowrance HDS 5 gen2, used mostly for engine monitoring.

Free advice, and worth every penny.
Reply With Quote
 
  #14  
Old 05-14-2017, 09:19 AM
pale ryder's Avatar
pale ryder pale ryder is online now
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North West Wisconsin
Posts: 1,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno85 View Post
The 1910 I'm looking at actually isn't a tandem and I kind of found that odd... How long do boat warranties usual go for?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check with a dealer, but I think used Skeeters have a 10 year, from original new purchase, warranty.
Lifetime hull warranty for original buyer.
__________________
2013 Skeeter MX 1825
150 Yamaha 4-stroke
101 lb Terrova I-pilot link
Humminbird Helix 10 mega si and 2 898s
Talon 12'
Lowrance HDS 5 gen2, used mostly for engine monitoring.

Free advice, and worth every penny.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-14-2017, 09:31 AM
pale ryder's Avatar
pale ryder pale ryder is online now
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North West Wisconsin
Posts: 1,647
Default

Danno, how many people do you fish or boat with ?
Do you pull skiers ?
__________________
2013 Skeeter MX 1825
150 Yamaha 4-stroke
101 lb Terrova I-pilot link
Humminbird Helix 10 mega si and 2 898s
Talon 12'
Lowrance HDS 5 gen2, used mostly for engine monitoring.

Free advice, and worth every penny.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-14-2017, 09:37 AM
Danno85 Danno85 is offline
Minnow
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale ryder View Post
Check with a dealer, but I think used Skeeters have a 10 year, from original new purchase, warranty.

Lifetime hull warranty for original buyer.


I'll have to check do you think that includes motor?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-14-2017, 09:40 AM
Danno85 Danno85 is offline
Minnow
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale ryder View Post
Danno, how many people do you fish or boat with ?
Do you pull skiers ?


Well usually just two to three. But my son is about to turn 1 so hopefully going to start taking him out soon. Don't really pull skiers just fish but I'm sure once the kid is older he is going to want to be pulled.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-14-2017, 09:42 AM
Danno85 Danno85 is offline
Minnow
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale ryder View Post
With a used boat it depends on condition and if it is rigged with the electronics I want.

When you are fishing bigger is almost always better and I have heard only good things about the 1910. However I haven't been in one so I might have a different opinion if I found something I didn't like.



I chose the MX1825 over the WX1850 because I prefer the layout and storage. And it is wider and more stable of a casting platform. Also the React Keel is a real thing, my MX tracks better than any other boat that I have driven including the Ranger 618 tiller it replaced.


What's the biggest rollers you been out on in that mx? Ever take them over the bow? Im afraid the mx isn't going to be deep enough almost seems like a mod V instead of deep v.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-14-2017, 01:32 PM
pale ryder's Avatar
pale ryder pale ryder is online now
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North West Wisconsin
Posts: 1,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno85 View Post
I'll have to check do you think that includes motor?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, the motor has a separate warranty. My Yamaha has a 3 year warranty wit a 2 year extension, so 5 years.
__________________
2013 Skeeter MX 1825
150 Yamaha 4-stroke
101 lb Terrova I-pilot link
Humminbird Helix 10 mega si and 2 898s
Talon 12'
Lowrance HDS 5 gen2, used mostly for engine monitoring.

Free advice, and worth every penny.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-14-2017, 01:44 PM
pale ryder's Avatar
pale ryder pale ryder is online now
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North West Wisconsin
Posts: 1,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno85 View Post
What's the biggest rollers you been out on in that mx? Ever take them over the bow? Im afraid the mx isn't going to be deep enough almost seems like a mod V instead of deep v.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't yet been in any big waves, maybe 2' or so. I haven't avoided wind, just didn't fish in any the last 2 years.
I doubt the MX1825 is any more likely to spear a wave than the WX185.
The 1910 should however be better in big wind.
__________________
2013 Skeeter MX 1825
150 Yamaha 4-stroke
101 lb Terrova I-pilot link
Humminbird Helix 10 mega si and 2 898s
Talon 12'
Lowrance HDS 5 gen2, used mostly for engine monitoring.

Free advice, and worth every penny.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.