Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Alumacraft V Lund Pricing?? Any Lund dealers on here? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Notices

Old 05-14-2017, 10:04 AM
Minnow

Default Alumacraft V Lund Pricing?? Any Lund dealers on here?

Finally at the point of ordering a boat and have narrowed it down to either an Alumacraft T-Pro 185 or a Pro V 1875. Have quotes on both and am in disbelief that the price difference is $20K. Either the Alumacraft dealer is giving me a **** of a deal or the Lund dealer the **** of a shaft.

Setup on the Alumacraft is full windshield, Yamaha SHO 175, tandem trailer, Terrova 80 link, Helix 9 and Helix 7. Price on that out the door is $41K. Lund Pro-V has a Vrod 200 pro and everything else is the same. Price before tax is $56,500.

Here is my question for anyone who is a Lund dealer or has dealt with a good one; the price of the boat, motor, trailer and factory options is $49,600, which I think is about where anyone will be. Now to add the Terova 80 link, Helix 9, Helix 7 and link them the dealer wants to charge $7k which I think is ridiculous. Has anyone had similar installed and how much was the charge? Or for dealers what would be an approximate price for the Pro-V out the door?

If there are any Lund dealers here that are in WI or Eastern MN? If you would be willing to give me a quote I would happily send you the spec sheet for the 1875.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2017, 10:53 AM
Wallhanger

A closer comparison of Lund vs Alumacraft there would be Impact vs T-Pro
Old 05-14-2017, 12:20 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowAce View Post
Finally at the point of ordering a boat and have narrowed it down to either an Alumacraft T-Pro 185 or a Pro V 1875. Have quotes on both and am in disbelief that the price difference is $20K. Either the Alumacraft dealer is giving me a **** of a deal or the Lund dealer the **** of a shaft.

Setup on the Alumacraft is full windshield, Yamaha SHO 175, tandem trailer, Terrova 80 link, Helix 9 and Helix 7. Price on that out the door is $41K. Lund Pro-V has a Vrod 200 pro and everything else is the same. Price before tax is $56,500.

Here is my question for anyone who is a Lund dealer or has dealt with a good one; the price of the boat, motor, trailer and factory options is $49,600, which I think is about where anyone will be. Now to add the Terova 80 link, Helix 9, Helix 7 and link them the dealer wants to charge $7k which I think is ridiculous. Has anyone had similar installed and how much was the charge? Or for dealers what would be an approximate price for the Pro-V out the door?

If there are any Lund dealers here that are in WI or Eastern MN? If you would be willing to give me a quote I would happily send you the spec sheet for the 1875.

Your going to pay retail when you buy add-ons at the dealer. That's for the parts and the labor. The Terrova 80 Link is like 2400. Fish finders are almost 2000. Plus Hub, Cables & Mount arms. Your at over $5000 for parts.

Then there is all of the cable running & mounting, and you asked them to configure it all. All for $2000. I see that as high but not ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 05-14-2017, 12:36 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowAce View Post

I couldn't find an option for full windshield on the T Pro 185, maybe the T Pro Sport 185 is what you are looking at? I agree it compares closer to the Impact, that being said the Alumacraft seems to be a better value on the surface.

Last edited by Scott C; 05-14-2017 at 12:42 PM.
Old 05-14-2017, 12:39 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott C View Post
I couldn't find an option for full windshield on the T Pro 185, maybe the T Pro Sport 185 is what you are looking at?
That is correct, it is the T-Pro Sport. I forget that they have a pro in a bass hull as well.
Old 05-14-2017, 03:57 PM
Wallhanger

IMO you are comparing apples to oranges here. You can't really compare those two boats and expect them to be similarly priced, the only thing in common is similar length, full windshield, and your accessories.

Your SHO is $16,500 and the verado pro is $19,200 msrp as well, so there is 3 grand of the difference.
Old 05-14-2017, 04:02 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin23 View Post
IMO you are comparing apples to oranges here. You can't really compare those two boats and expect them to be similarly priced, the only thing in common is similar length, full windshield, and your accessories.

Your SHO is $16,500 and the verado pro is $19,200 msrp as well, so there is 3 grand of the difference.
I don't expect them to be the same. My problem is the difference in price after buying the boat motor and trailer.
Old 05-14-2017, 04:11 PM
Keeper

The difference is 6900 for the options you want. I personally bought my trolling motor & both locators online and mounted it all myself.

You will probably get your setup for 4500-5000 depending on deals & final choices. Is it worth it to save 2000 to do it yourself.

I don't think anyone is ripping you off. Buy the boat you want. It sounds like you know the Lund is a better boat but don't want to pay top dollar.

One thing you might want to consider is just having the dealer install the console fish finder/transducer. The other work is all at the bow and is relatively easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 05-14-2017, 07:01 PM
Minnow

I would prefer the Lund and don't mind paying for it. What I have is a couple issues with the dealer both with pricing and knowledge of the boat itself and these issues are as follows:

1) I asked for an extension without jump seats to which I was told that Lund did not offer such a thing. Looking at the brochure there is an aft storage option that fits the bill perfectly.

2) I was asked if I wanted the premium stereo to which I said no as long as there was a stereo. Dealers answer was no the Pro-V did not come with a standard stereo. Looking at the brochure it does.

3) He wants to charge me $2,750 for a MinnKota Terova 80 I Link. Lund will put it on at the factory for $2,400 but he recommends not doing that?

4) He wants to charge a premium on all electronics, example Humminbird Helix 9 SI GPS for $1,900 when everyone else including Lund Charges about $1,300 for the same unit. Then he wants to charge an additional $1,300 to install and link the 2 graphs and trolling motor.

With-that-said, what I really would like is a couple of recommendations for Lund dealers that people have used and would recommend so I could get another quote before deciding to go another direction.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:03 PM
Minnow

Another question I have is if I order all electronics installed by Lund at the factory would they come networked or would I have to add the ethernet port and link them myself, which isn't all that hard of a job.