Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Dale Hollow Lake 5/9 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 05-14-2017, 12:30 PM
Wallhanger

Default Dale Hollow Lake 5/9

Fished Dale Hollow Lake 5/9, launched out of Willow Grove Marina at 0600. Fished the gravel/weed flats around Little Goat island, long lined a 3" silver/black Rapala and used a jig with a white long tail grub or a Power Bait crayfish, trolled 1.5mph. Just a nice morning caught a couple small SM, then this A-HOLE in a Tracker V console boat comes blasting in there and sets right in, right in my way, then two other yeahwho's in a Lund come blasting in there, soon after the rest of the fleet shows up. I move over to Clark Island area sure enough the fleet follows me. I go back to the original area and the A-Hole with the Tracker Blasts right out of there right behind me, I thought he got my lines. Enough of my rant. Lake level is up, actually high, water color is good, not much junk floating in the lake. The winds came up on the Main Lake and got a bit SPORTY for me, so I long lined some silver/black Scatter Raps along the shore line of Big Goat Island trolling 2MPH in approx 15ft of water and caught a nice Smaillie approx 18", then the winds got to be too much and I called it a day around 1300. Saw the local guide leave out of Willow Grove about the time I launched, had a group of guys with him, his boat is set up like a Great Lakes rig, something like 6 downriggers and the like, never did see where they went. Hopefully I'll give it another shot in the fall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement