Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ontario license question - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Notices

Old 05-15-2017, 07:46 PM
Keeper

Default Ontario license question

My dad purchased his Ontario license online a few weeks ago. As he placed the order his printer went out and did not print the license. Anyone know where to go to have another copy sent? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Bryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2017, 08:01 PM
Keeper

Have you logged back into the site with his outdoor card number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 05-15-2017, 08:46 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge View Post
Have you logged back into the site with his outdoor card number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I was going to give that a shot tomorrow.

Old 05-16-2017, 02:29 AM
Wallhanger

Default Mine too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by team walleye View Post
My dad purchased his Ontario license online a few weeks ago. As he placed the order his printer went out and did not print the license. Anyone know where to go to have another copy sent? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Bryan
My old desktop computer froze up trying to print the license, I emailed MNR , explaining the situation, they replied to my email, made a call to the phone number, they mailed me the license. The whole process went very well, the license came in the mail in about a week and a half.
New laptop and printer now, this won't happen again!?
Old 05-16-2017, 05:19 AM
Charter Member

I always save it in "My Documents". I can print it out any number of times, or send it to someone to print it out for me.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:43 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
I always save it in "My Documents". I can print it out any number of times, or send it to someone to print it out for me.
Good idea. I also print the page to a PDF and then email it to myself. If all else fails, I have my phone with me and access to my email!
Old 05-16-2017, 06:25 AM
Minnow

This has happened to my brother and I. The MNR website does not store your license so you can not go back in and just reprint it. That is why they make a big deal about testing your printer when you start the process. My brother called and was told to just go to a license location/MNR office- I believe it was Rainy River, and they were able to print out his license. (He did not have time to wait for them to mail it before he left on his trip). I had already sent my license to the printer and was able to find it in the printer history. Which for a non computer guy like me, was the same as winning the super bowl. Now I do the same thing as mentioned, save it on the computer-and make lots of copies. Good luck and have a great trip. t
Old 05-16-2017, 07:33 AM
Minnow

Default Duplicate Fee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by txk4 View Post
This has happened to my brother and I. The MNR website does not store your license so you can not go back in and just reprint it. That is why they make a big deal about testing your printer when you start the process. My brother called and was told to just go to a license location/MNR office- I believe it was Rainy River, and they were able to print out his license. (He did not have time to wait for them to mail it before he left on his trip). I had already sent my license to the printer and was able to find it in the printer history. Which for a non computer guy like me, was the same as winning the super bowl. Now I do the same thing as mentioned, save it on the computer-and make lots of copies. Good luck and have a great trip. t
txk4, did your brother have to pay a duplicate fee? Wondering cause we will have to do the same for my son's. I thought I had printed at office and it didnt go to the queue properly, emailed the MNR and they told me the same as your brother. I lucked out cause I had to renew the outdoor card and bought a yearly license since I have a chance of going back up in the fall and my license info is printed on the back of mine.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:52 AM
Keeper

I agree with Shellback. Always save it to your documents before you try to print it. That way you'll always have it. I did have to call the MNR to get my Outdoors card number a couple of times and the women that I have talked to there were very polite and accommodating. I lost my card this year and they sent me a new one at no charge.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:44 PM
Minnow

Default License Fee

I'm TXK4's brother. It was a long time ago, but I do remember paying a small replacement fee for the license. I think it was around $10. Took care of it at Rainy Lake Sports in Fort Frances. In fact will probably be stopping in there next week on our way through to get a replacement for my son's outdoors card!

Runs in the family I guess!