Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
1800 Fisherman Transom Question - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Notices

Old 05-18-2017, 06:27 AM
Slot Fish

I should have known that, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2017, 07:12 AM
Wallhanger

Are the bad transoms on the fisherman series only, or also on the pro v's?
Old 05-18-2017, 07:45 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Wisconsin View Post
Are the bad transoms on the fisherman series only, or also on the pro v's?
I think it is important to point out that the only "bad transoms" are the ones that have actually developed issues with leakage and rot. From my what I have gathered this issue doesn't affect everybody and is a function of design, storage and rigging among other factors.

There is a specific range of years during which Lund was owned by Genmar that are more susceptible to problems than modern Lund boats i.e. from the late 90s to around 2005. I gather this from what I have read on the forums and my own personal experience. I believe that the problems stem from the choice of wood used in the transom and floorboard construction. Again, based solely on what I have read ... In effect, I don't think it's model specific.

Lund has since revised their warranty and presumably changed the transom design to address the concerns raised by owners. In that regard I wouldn't lose sleep over the thought of buying a new one. If you own a Lund boat and suspect there is a problem it's not difficult to check the wood. The transom cap isn't sealed so you should simply be able to lift it on most models by removing the screws and corner pieces. Another tell tale sign is paint bubbling or blisters.