Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2016 Starcraft Superfisherman Onboard charger - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Notices

Old 05-17-2017, 08:39 PM
Minnow

Default 2016 Starcraft Superfisherman Onboard charger

I just bought a layover Superfisherman 186 that has a 2 bank onboard charger. Its a pro mariner(i know not the greatest) and I can't for the life of me figure out where the battery leads go.

This charger is located in side the driver side council behind the gauges on the instrument cluster. The 4 wire leads for the 2 batteries go to a white connector. The other side of the connector has wires coming out of it and then get mixed into all the other wires for the boat. This is where I get lost. I have no idea where they go. There is no leads for the batteries in the battery compartment.

You can see the connector here to the left of the black fuse's. Sorry for the horrible picture, but its the best I can do in the small space.

Anyone seen this before? Anyone have first had experience with this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D55E1B7A-BE93-4DA7-8E13-BA1F96AE11D8_zpsoza0vcd0.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	229.7 KB
ID:	258906  

Last edited by Palma; 05-17-2017 at 08:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2017, 08:20 PM
Minnow

Anyone see this before? Is there some internal charge system I don't know about?
Old 05-19-2017, 08:46 PM
Wallhanger

I'm not 100% sure, but I'd guess that they are just ran with the bulk of the wires until they are routed to your two trolling motor batteries. Most of the time when a charger is placed under a console, the batteries are midship- if this is true then they likely go to the side of the hull and then under the floor to the compartment where the batteries are. If the batteries are in the rear, then they will just follow the main console wiring to the batteries and come out there.

If you open your battery compartment you should see them come into there somewhere, and if the dealer has rigged your boat- they are most likely already connected. If there are no batteries and no charger leads, then I have no clue and you need to call your dealer and ask where the heck do they go.

The "connector" is just an extension ran to your battery compartment. So if you have to replace the charger you don't have to run new wires under your deck.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:06 PM
Minnow

Yeah I've looked everywhere in this boat and I can't find any wire leads anywhere. I've got an appointment to bring the boat in for another issue so I'll raise this question while I'm there.