Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
HDS 7 Gen 1 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Notices

Old 05-19-2017, 10:28 AM
Wallhanger

Default HDS 7 Gen 1

electronics upgrade so fast I have no clue market value on the older stuff. I know value is less than $500 (so I can list it in the free classifieds) so this post should be ok.

With my TM upgrade to Ipilot Link I need a Humminbird unit to use all the features. My question is what is my old HDS 7 worth now? Its a basemap version with an older navionics premium card in it and it would come with everything (transducer, mount, power cord) and possibly even a ram mount depending on what HB I go with. I haven't seen many of the Gen 1s for sale but I'm guessing in the $300 range maybe?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2017, 01:18 PM
Charter Member

2 years ago I paid $275. for an HDS 7 GEN 1 with power cord and transducer.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:52 PM
Wallhanger

$300? I don't know - seems you can get a pretty good new 7" for $500. But it might make a good second unit for someone. It just depends on the buyer and what they want.

Can you tell me what you have for a fuse in the hot wire of your HDS-7 G1? The manual says 10 amp. That seems huge to me. I had mine wired into the control panel. I took it out to install a new unit. The old G1 will go into an 'outdoor' boat I'm putting together. I need to put an in-line fuse in the hot lead. 10 amps scares heck out of me.

Old 05-19-2017, 01:59 PM
Wallhanger

Some other members will confirm this....I remember non touch is 3amp and touch screen is 5amp fuse.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:10 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Chan View Post
Some other members will confirm this....I remember non touch is 3amp and touch screen is 5amp fuse.
Thanks Man - Lowrance said new units come with 3 amp fuses. The Gen 1 I was referring to is pre-touch.

Here's what the Lowrance Installation Manual says for hds-5, 7, 9, and 10 - Gen 1.

"Be sure that the voltage of the power supply is compatible with the HDS display.The HDS has a voltage rating of 10-19V DC. The red wire should always be connected to (+) DC V using a fuse or thermal breaker (10 Amp)"

I don't get it... You know I'm going with a 3 amp fuse.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:32 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by law57 View Post
$300? I don't know - seems you can get a pretty good new 7" for $500. But it might make a good second unit for someone. It just depends on the buyer and what they want.

Can you tell me what you have for a fuse in the hot wire of your HDS-7 G1? The manual says 10 amp. That seems huge to me. I had mine wired into the control panel. I took it out to install a new unit. The old G1 will go into an 'outdoor' boat I'm putting together. I need to put an in-line fuse in the hot lead. 10 amps scares heck out of me.
Like I said I didn't really know just guessing based off some ebay prices. Honestly if its only worth $200 or so Ill prolly keep it and put it on the bow or run a dedicated GPS unit. The thing has never given me an issue, I tuned it according to Dr. Sonar's HDS DVD and its worked amazing since. Thanks for the input.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:37 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karas3434 View Post
Like I said I didn't really know just guessing based off some ebay prices. Honestly if its only worth $200 or so Ill prolly keep it and put it on the bow or run a dedicated GPS unit. The thing has never given me an issue, I tuned it according to Dr. Sonar's HDS DVD and its worked amazing since. Thanks for the input.
Fuse - can you tell me what amperage fuse you have in the HDS 7?

I should have gotten the set-up video. Mine worked only okay - never at speed. And my boat maxes out at 30mph - on a good day. I'm putting it on an old reclamation project boat. But I'm trying to find out what fuse to put in the hot wire.

As I said before - some buyer may be looking for a second unit and snap your's up! Hope so.
Old 05-19-2017, 08:03 PM
Wallhanger

I wired mine to an open slot in my fuse panel and have a 5 amp fuse in that slot. I cannot tell you why I picked 5 amp though (never had any issues though), it was atleast 3-4 years ago and I can't even remember what I had for dinner last night...
Old 05-20-2017, 06:45 AM
Wallhanger

I could swear I posted this yesterday. But I'm going to do it again to be sure the info gets out here.

The Lowrance installation manual says my HDS-5 Gen 1 takes a 10 amp fuse. That seems too heavy to me.

I wrote to Lowrance to ask if that was correct. They didn't commit - only said that "new models take a 3 amp fuse". So I'll start with 3 amps. If I blow fuses I'll move up a little.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:02 PM
Charter Member

I just bought a used HDS 7 Gen1 for $300.00 from another site and the going price is right about there on every thing I have seen and I have been watching for a while. If it includes the power cord, transducer, and bracket some people are asking $350.00 if its all in good shape. I wish we would have talked last week as I would have bought it from you as I didn't get a power cord or transducer with mine but had them from an HDS5 that will work. Good Luck. Jim