Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
ontario fishing license - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 02-23-2012, 01:28 PM
Keeper

Default ontario fishing license

CAN SOMEONE SUPPLY THE CORRECT WEB SITE FOR OBTAINING A ONTARIO FISHING LICENSE? I JUST CALLED A NUMBER SHE GAVE ME THE WEB SITE BUT IT KEEPS COMING UP ERROR. THANKS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2012, 01:46 PM
Slot Fish

Default re

I got mine when I got my new outdoors card . ONTERIO.CA/OUTDOORSCARD Tele #1 800 387 7011 and you print the license! It took about 17 days to get my card .
Old 02-23-2012, 01:49 PM
Wallhanger

Phone
  • Local: 1-705-755-2000 (Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm)
  • Toll free: 1-800-667-1940 (Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/index.ht...-info=home_Eng

Here is the phone info and the web-site. I hear you can use the web-site instead of calling, but it is nice to be able to talk to a person, for a change!

Last edited by wallydave; 02-24-2012 at 07:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2012, 05:14 PM
Keeper

I JUST GOT DONE TRYING TO PRINT IT OUT. ALL INFO WAS FILLED IN CORRECTLY CREDIT CARD WHEN I CLICKED ON IT I GOT NOTHING DON'T KNOW IF THE TRANSACTION WENT THROUGH OR NOT BUT I DID NOT GET A LICENSE TO PRINT OUT OR A CONFIRMATION NUMBER. I WILL BE ON THE HORN FIRST THING IN THE AM. I DO NOT WANT TO RESUBMIT IT IN CASE IT WENT THROUGH AND I WOULD BE BUYING THE SAME THING TWICE. CALL AND TALK TO SOMEONE IF YOU CAN TO MAKE SURE.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Keeper

I ordered mine online and thought that they would send me my license. Oh no. I had to print it off at the time. Why I didn't catch that I don't know. So I emailed them and they said that I had to stop in at a license provider in Ontario and get a duplicate for $10.50.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:36 PM
Keeper

Can't you buy one when you get up there and avoid alot of these problems? I have always bought mine once I cross the border but it has been 5 years since I was up there last. Rob
Old 02-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Wallhanger

Demand is great and the system is not ready.

Walmart could get it done quicker and cheaper.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:43 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGHTLINER View Post
I JUST GOT DONE TRYING TO PRINT IT OUT. ALL INFO WAS FILLED IN CORRECTLY CREDIT CARD WHEN I CLICKED ON IT I GOT NOTHING DON'T KNOW IF THE TRANSACTION WENT THROUGH OR NOT BUT I DID NOT GET A LICENSE TO PRINT OUT OR A CONFIRMATION NUMBER. I WILL BE ON THE HORN FIRST THING IN THE AM. I DO NOT WANT TO RESUBMIT IT IN CASE IT WENT THROUGH AND I WOULD BE BUYING THE SAME THING TWICE. CALL AND TALK TO SOMEONE IF YOU CAN TO MAKE SURE.
I just had the same problem..transaction went thru..when I tried to print it said "there is no document to print"...wtf!!!I guess Ill be on the phone with them tomorrow too...

edit..just got off the phone with them..the lady had me save it to file and then try to print it but still no luck..took my name and DOB and she could see on her end that I had purchased it..she said she would write one out and mail it to me at no extra charge...

Last edited by Glenman12; 02-24-2012 at 06:42 AM. Reason: s
Old 02-24-2012, 07:07 AM
Minnow

Unhappy Same thing here.....

Been waiting over two weeks for the same issue. Renewed my Ontario card and bought an 8 day lisc. for June only to get to the end and lisc. won't print. (Yet the "test page" worked fine.) Called and spoke with a nice gal that could see it was all there and paid, but they were experiencing "computer issues" at the time and she would send me my lisc. and new Ontario Outdoors Card. Still waiting for them to get it right and send my liscense and Outdoors Card......

Luckily, I used AMEX and will dispute the charge and get it refunded if it doesn't arrive soon. This system is obviously not ready for prime time.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:28 AM
Wallhanger

Default Technology...

Its great when it works! Sux when it doesn't! Last year I ordered both the card and license over the phone. Just a few moments talking to a real person, and a few weeks until they arrived in the mail.
Buying these ahead of time frees up some time on the trip North, just one or two less things to take care of before we hit the road to our favorite fishing spots!