Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
transducer mount - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 03-22-2012, 07:20 PM
Minnow

Default transducer mount

I just got my hds8 gen2 with ss, i have a 83/200 on my boat now. I will be taking it off and putting the screws in with 3m 5200 to seal her up. I will put some king starboard over that, will mark and shallow drill to cover the old screws. I cant find 3/4 thickness in town here but i can get 1/2 inch cheap. Can i just layer the 1/2 inch and have a inch? will a half inch be enough? Or should i just order a 3/4inch off the net?. if the 3/4 is the answer where can i get one reasonably fast. Thinking open water here in about a week.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:37 PM
Wallhanger

Here's what I did on my aluminum boat and so far it's worked fine. I had some old composite decking, the solid stuff about 1-1/8" thick by 6". I figured it's made to stand up to 4-season weather, so it should be good for a mounting board. I cut a piece to size, drilled and counterbored holes to screw it to the transom and just to be sure spray painted it black 2 coats. I used a bead of silicone around the edge and in the screw holes and stainless steel screws to fasten it to the transom. My boat spends a good 5-6 weeks per summer docked at various places, plus I fish 2-3 times a week and after 2 years I see no damage to the board. Composite deck boards can be found for $20-$30 for an 8 or 10 foot board, or check with your friends in the construction business for scrap material.