Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ford pickup auto-locks - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 08-21-2004, 12:14 PM
Nama

Default Ford pickup auto-locks

I just purchased a 2003 Ford F150 crewcab from a Ford dealer. It has auto-locks, which means the doors automatically lock once the truck starts to move forward. I would like to disable the feature, but the dealer tells me it's not easy to do, and I'd have to make an appointment to have it done--------expensive. The truck does not have remote entry, or a key pad on the outside of the door. I remember when I had an Explorer with remote entry that it was very easy to disable the auto-lock. Does anyone know how I might be able to do this myself?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2004, 12:18 PM

Default RE: Ford pickup auto-locks

This might be what you're looking for http://www.fordf150.net/howto/autolocks.php
[br][div align="center"][br][center][br][font color="#3300CC";font face="Roman"; size="+2"][b][br][br]Terror - [font color="red";font face="Webdings"; size="+3"]NN
Old 08-21-2004, 02:21 PM
Mr. Seaguar

Its not expensive. Dont have it done mechanically. Its all in the programming. I had it done in my 2001 the second day I had it cause its a pain in the rectum. I also had the alarm turned off. Dealers do try to dissuade you to have it done. The owner of the dealership told me they wont run if you turn it off. He also told me they wont run if you turn off the seatbelt warning alarm. He is wrong cause I had that turned off too. They asked me if I had any other complaints and I told them they could keep the leather seats, but I`m stuck with those. Good Luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2004, 02:38 PM
Slot Fish

I turned both off. Use the owners manual just follow the instructions step by step. Took about 10 minutes to do both.
Terry
Old 08-21-2004, 02:51 PM
Charter Member

I think that I might be looking for another Ford Dealer. I have always programmed those features out of my Ford pickups, SUVs. As stated elsewhere, it is in the manual. The procedure is not intuitive but only takes a few minutes to do. If you do not want to fool with it, the Dealer should take care of it when you bring the truck in for service - free of charge. It is not a big deal.
Old 08-21-2004, 02:57 PM
Charter Member

Terroreyes sent you the link. Here is the procedure-

How To Disable AutoLocks
Note: Manual transmission vehicles have this feature disabled at the factory. This procedure applies to most newer Ford vehicles, not just Ford trucks.

The enable/disable mode allows the autolock feature to be turned off and on. On manual transmission vehicles, when replacing the remote anti-theft personality (RAP) module, the autolock feature must be turned off by using the enable/disable mode.

The enable/disable mode is entered when the following series of steps is performed:

1. Confirm that the perimeter alarm is disarmed.

2. Close all doors.

3. Confirm that the ignition switch is in the OFF position.

Note: Steps 4 through 8 must be performed within 30 seconds.

4. Turn the ignition switch from OFF to RUN.

5. Press the power door lock UNLOCK button three times.

6. Turn the ignition switch from RUN to OFF.

7. Press the power door lock UNLOCK button three times.

8. Turn the ignition switch from OFF to RUN.

9. Verify that the RAP module chirps the horn. This indicates that the RAP module is now in the enable/disable mode and ready to accept program changes.

10. Press the power door lock UNLOCK button one time to command the RAP module to toggle the autolock/relock feature ON or OFF.

11. Press the power door lock LOCK button once to enter the command.

12. Verify that the vehicle horn chirps one time to signal the RAP module confirmation of the command. There should only be one chirp indicating that the autolock/relock feature has been disabled. If one chirp is heard, followed by a longer honk, the autolock/relock feature has just been enabled. Return to step 10.

13. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position to exit the enable/disable mode.

14. Verify that the RAP module chirps the horn once to indicate that a feature has been changed.

The autolock and the appropriate alarm configuration are turned on at the factory on vehicles with automatic transmissions. Vehicles with manual transmissions have the autolock turned off at the factory. The RAP module returns to the prior setting any time battery power is interrupted.

Old 08-21-2004, 06:01 PM
Charter Member

thats the steps alright, almost as confussing as the seatbelt dinger disable.
Old 08-21-2004, 07:38 PM
Chots

Jes that sounds crazy, as much as I hate mine I think I will just leave it after reading that.
Old 08-21-2004, 08:10 PM
Mr Seaguar

Those are the long version. The short version is: Umm, while you are changing the oil, can you turn off this, this and this?
Old 08-22-2004, 10:02 AM
Mike C.

Thanks fellows. I just disabled mine. First try. Now how how do I disable that pesky seat belt alarm?