Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Anybody in S.E. PA? - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 03-08-2013, 05:44 AM
Wallhanger

Thats great! Im from Kutztown...so where you fishing for walleye? I'm usually hitting the Susquehanna or Delaware rivers... caught my very first one at blue Marsh, but real small, but all I catch there now is bass and catfish... I know people say at the release point there, but I forget what that's called

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 08:19 AM
Slot Fish

Default eastern pa fisherman

Saw this old post and just wanted to add my name to the list -- I'm in Bucks County near New Hope and am also looking for Walleye in the "area" -- also grew up in Berks County -- give a holler if anyone wants a partner -- anytime! I'm thinkin' about a little trout fishing next week on the fly only creeks.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Wallhanger

I'll go fishing with you although I don't do too much trout fishing... are you sure its season yet.. I think trout maybe closed march 1st til March 30th, but not sure. I will be looking for an outlet, since walleye season closes soon!

Last edited by ricorth07; 03-08-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Charter Member

I,m in north central Pa 1/2 hr from NY border.

Kinzua/Allegany reservoir is tough. Early fish are north and even up river toward Salamanca. Fish migrate south and disperse in Pa and lower NY waters. To fish the whole reservoir you need 3 licenses....NY, PA and Seneca Nation.

Many and I mean many sub legal fish. Rarely do you find big fish, I've seen 5 perch out of the finger lakes that outweigh a torney limit of 5 walleye there.

We are fishing the DAV Chapter 75 walleye torney there in May. Good place to make some local connections and learn the 'Zoo' as they call it.
(Kin zoo) http://www.kinzua-walleye.com/

Chautauqua (NY) a bit west holds more big fish but numbers have dropped there.

Although a Pa resident I rarely fish there. NY is a much better fishery. I charter in the far west corner near Pa line.

My top fav places around here are
1. Erie east basin
2. Oneida
3. Chautauqua
4. Henderson Harbor/Cape Vincent area of Lake Ontario

All are a haul for you but if any interest you drop me a mail if you need more info.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Wallhanger

I would love to learn the "Zoo" Had my eyes on fishing that place for a year or two now... are you guiding more than just Lake Erie? my mom's side of the family is from Bradford County, but I imagine much further east than you... I'd love to get in to some walleye tournaments, but got a lot of learning to do...

Old 03-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricorth07 View Post
I would love to learn the "Zoo" Had my eyes on fishing that place for a year or two now... are you guiding more than just Lake Erie? my mom's side of the family is from Bradford County, but I imagine much further east than you... I'd love to get in to some walleye tournaments, but got a lot of learning to do...

Just guide Erie and Chautauqua. Got a couple names for there if you need them. The Zoo is a challege to say the least!

Pretty reasonable entry fee, $175 for 2 day event. Guessing 2.5-3 hr from Bradford county.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:49 PM
Wallhanger

I hear stuff on FLW programs that you can partner up with a person who has a boat for the tournaments... how true is that? my little Jon boat is no match for river tourneys...i will have to look u up for Chautauqua up in NY.. I hear more talking by guys concerning that lake abt musky fishing up tho...is walleye fishing good there? Guess Erie would be the trip...used to go out on Ontario... guess I just didn't have confidence in my aunt's boyfriend guidance, but nervous about those Great Lakes

Last edited by ricorth07; 03-08-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:27 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I hear stuff on FLW programs that you can partner up with a person who has a boat for the tournaments... how true is that? my little Jon boat is no match for river tourneys...i will have to look u up for Chautauqua up in NY.. I hear more talking by guys concerning that lake abt musky fishing up tho...is walleye fishing good there? Guess Erie would be the trip...used to go out on Ontario... guess I just didn't have confidence in my aunt's boyfriend guidance, but nervous about those Great Lakes

Been some discussion about a format similar to FLW for the DAV torneys... putting a non boater in with boater that fishes there regulary.

Lots of small boats fish these events on Zoo.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:25 AM
Wallhanger

Id love to try some smaller tourneys and cover the both entry fees, if thats what it'll take, so if you know a boater. I just wanna get the experience and foot in the door! Too many times I used to be the only 1 out of my boat trying to manuever and fish at the same time and doesn't work for me! I get so engulfed and deep in thought trying to think like a walleye and analysis everything: presentation, weather, time of day, colors, depth, etc., its like im taking an exam out there standing up staring into the abyss....guess jigging can do that to ya, but the next thing u know, boat turned around.

Last edited by ricorth07; 03-09-2013 at 05:27 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:27 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Thats great! Im from Kutztown...so where you fishing for walleye? I'm usually hitting the Susquehanna or Delaware rivers... caught my very first one at blue Marsh, but real small, but all I catch there now is bass and catfish... I know people say at the release point there, but I forget what that's called

Right now nowhere, I've never caught a Walleye. Many of my weekends growing up were spent on Lake Ontario on my parents boat. So I cut my teeth on trolling for mostly browns and kings up there, those were our two specialties. Durring high school we jumped into it a little deeper and ran our own charters for most of those summers. Fast forward to now and my parents have been working on a cabin up there for the past 3 years roughly so the Baha hasn't been out. I was going through water withdraw and ended up with my own boat last year. Because of fishing up there I've never spent much time fishing locally at all, so I know very little about these lakes. I have never been on the Susquehanna or Delaware, as of now I've only been on Blue Marsh with my boat. I think your referring to the Blue Marsh spillway. That section gets hit heavily, any fish in there probably wouldn't last long.